+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Just won these on Ebay......

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Cheers Alex, nothing on there doing at the moment (or completed items) but I've set a saved search - thanks.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Cheers Alex, nothing on there doing at the moment (or completed items) but I've set a saved search - thanks.
    I'm not absolutely sure, but this might be the guy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/pair-BLACK-Bad...item19c33b75b0
    Spendorman

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Cheers again Alex.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Alex.

Cheers again Alex.
    My friend asked the seller of Rogers badges if he could do some RAM ones from a photo. He said yes, they were bought outside ebay, but subsequently, the badge maker listed a pair on ebay. The badges were pretty good, my friend was satisfied.
    Spendorman

I'm Nobody.

I'm a bit angry with myself as i thought i had a pair of badges for em, infact i'm still looking i deffo have some somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I'm a bit angry with myself as i thought i had a pair of badges for em, infact i'm still looking i deffo have some somewhere
    Oh no, I've started your OCD off again!
    Alex

I'm Nobody.

Having collected a pair of Spendor SP1's from a dealer this morning, the last thing I need is another pair of 2 cubic foot vintage speakers, wouldn't you think?

Well, this is certainly a record for me - never bought two pairs of speakers in the same day before!!!

RAM 150 Speakers won on ebay for £56

As a bit of background, I was "dragged up" in Norwich, where RAM were based, and so for nostalgic reasons, fancied a pair of these. They will probably be used in my sub-£100 Cheap As Chips Challenge entry - but it will be interesting to see how they sound, and of course, you ain't in with the in crowd around these parts unless you have a Techie Turntable, Caiman DAC, Mark Grant cables and the latest must-have - ABRs! I reckon they will be a bit of a bargain, but who knows?

(Anyone got a spare RAM badge tucked away in a draw, BTW?)

All good fun, innit?
    Only had a couple of hours to listen to these, but I must say, they are rather good. I don't think they will usurp my Spendors, but they are certainly a very good sounding pair of speakers, and at a pocket money price, well worth it.

The bass is definitely enhanced by the ABR's, and you can tell they are quality drivers (Audax tweeters, Dalesford Bass/Mid & ABR) - seem quite sturdy, too, and in very good nick.

Just now need a pair of Rola Celestions from the time they were made in Ipswich, and then I think my vintage speaker odyssey is over for a while!
    Alex

I'm Nathan.

They look in fab nick, I'd say they have a great low-end sound too.
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm Mike.

just won this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT lets see what it sounds like

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031