+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 261 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2606

Thread: !! AOS insomniacs club !!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha... Neatly avoided! So, come on, fess up, how many ciggies do you smoke per day....?

Marco.
    4 packs. Or maybe 3. Or is it 5?. Which figure would make you feel the most superior? (while appearing concerned of course)

I get crap from my brother about this all the time, so if you're expecting any humour here, you may be disappointed. None of us is perfect, not even you in your undersize women's clothes
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Drinking Coffee is equally as disgusting. The smell of their breath turns my guts, course they dont smell it.
    Oh dear, I had a coffee with my fag! No kisses from Andre then

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

Nearly three years for me since I replaced fags with vaping. Took a little while to get out of the physical habit of lighting up, but ended up not missing it.

Vaping may not be an ideal solution, but it certainly works as an alternative and my chest feels just fine.

The amount of money saved is not to be sniffed at either. A quid's worth of vape liquid lasts me a day or two!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

I tried vaping a few years ago, lasted a couple of weeks

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I tried vaping a few years ago, lasted a couple of weeks
    For heavier smokers, there are stronger vape liquids. You may have needed to try those. Probably upwards of 18mg/ml, which is the max I need. I do use weaker ones though.

Non-smokers don't realise how much nicoteen addiction gets its hooks into you. I tried going 'cold turkey' many times, but after a couple of weeks of increasingly sleepless nights, blurred vision, irritability, twitchiness and total inability to concentrate, I gave up. Vaping was a godsend! (once I got it right)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Been vaping for about 6 years - first 2 I mixed it with real cigarettes to cut down then Jan 2016 decided to go vape only, and haven't had a ciggy since. I'm still a nicotine addict, but there are really no downsides to vaping (well until they ban it or suddenly discover it is actually worse for you than fags!) I use 18mg and menthol flavour only, reminded me of a Consulat which I enjoyed sometimes as a proper smoker. Think that helped the transition - tried some whacky flavours (candy floss anyone?) but they don't really work for me and the tobacco flavoured ones really aren't, or at least not 6 years ago.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andre.

Can someone please explain the Logic in electric ciggies! I mean just stop smoking. The wife stopped over night nearly 8 years ago, no substitutes at all, she smoked over 20 a day.

Two obvious reasons i see to stop smoking as outlined below but are obviously counterproductive with a lot of people..

1. Save Money [But spending it of Nic patches or Lecky fags]
    2. General Health to yourself & others around you [Dunno what smells worse + Aint doing your chest no favours plus the dangers that aint yet been realised]

ofc do what you will..

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    4 packs. Or maybe 3. Or is it 5?. Which figure would make you feel the most superior? (while appearing concerned of course)

I get crap from my brother about this all the time, so if you're expecting any humour here, you may be disappointed. None of us is perfect, not even you in your undersize women's clothes
    Bloody hell, mate, so that's like 60 a day?

That is worrying, and honestly the concern is genuine. However, I need to inject a little humour, as that's just me, so I'll just say that it explains your relative disinterest in food!

Don't know many heavy smokers who are foodies.... The two tend to be incompatible, as it kills your tastebuds. Aside from anything else though, it must be costing you a bloody fortune!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Been vaping for about 6 years - first 2 I mixed it with real cigarettes to cut down then Jan 2016 decided to go vape only, and haven't had a ciggy since. I'm still a nicotine addict, but there are really no downsides to vaping (well until they ban it or suddenly discover it is actually worse for you than fags!) I use 18mg and menthol flavour only, reminded me of a Consulat which I enjoyed sometimes as a proper smoker. Think that helped the transition - tried some whacky flavours (candy floss anyone?) but they don't really work for me and the tobacco flavoured ones really aren't, or at least not 6 years ago.
    Didn't know you vaped, Alex? To my knowledge, you haven't mentioned it before... A couple of my mates do and make up their own 'juice'. Yeah, aside from the nicotine intake (as it's not good to be addicted to anything) there are no known health downsides, especially for those around you, as it's just vapour, not smoke - and yes some of the flavours are really funky!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Can someone please explain the Logic in electric ciggies! I mean just stop smoking. The wife stopped over night nearly 8 years ago, no substitutes at all, she smoked over 20 a day.

Two obvious reasons i see to stop smoking as outlined below but are obviously counterproductive with a lot of people..

1. Save Money [But spending it of Nic patches or Lecky fags]
    2. General Health to yourself & others around you [Dunno what smells worse + Aint doing your chest no favours plus the dangers that aint yet been realised]

ofc do what you will..
    Can someone please explain the logic of non smokers bangin' on about how bad smoking is? I mean just stop nagging.

Two obvious reasons I see to stop nagging as outlined below but are obviously counterproductive with a lot of nags...

1. Nobody likes a nag

2. Nobody listens to nags

You think the world will be some kind of utopia when all the smokers have finally kicked the habit or died. WRONG! Next news the arbiters of what's right and what's not will come after other minorities, like Yorkshire folk, and "big boned" fellas (sorry Marco, being thin on the inside won't cut it, they'll still try to hound you out of the kitchen)

Oh and by the way, I smoke around 10-12 cigs a day, had you going there

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread