Hello there

I'm a newbie based in the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia - down on the Mornington Peninsula.

I'm a strictly vinyl kind of a guy - it just makes me happy pulling those big black shiny discs out of their sleeve and hearing that familiar crackle before the show begins...

My main system is a bit of a mish mash and has just kind of evolved as I've tried/experimented with different bits.

Turntable = Thorens TD126 - re-potted into a nice piano black custom plinth and re-fitted with a Mission Mechanic arm with Ortofon Cadenza Blue LOMC cartridge.

Amplification by Albarry - AP4 preamp plus M608 monoblocks with the little Tisbury phono stage. Love the monoblocks but am looking at upgrading the preamp and phono stage (open to suggestions).

Speakers are Dynaudio Audience A70s with a Mission 78S subwoofer for extra oomph. Cabling is a bit "no name" but its decent enough.

I also have a couple of sets of the old 1980s Cyrus 2 + PSX (these never cease to amaze me relative to cost) and the AR Cambridge A60 for 3 other turntables which are

Thorens TD125 - also re-potted (into a custom mahogany plinth) and re-fitted with a Zeta arm and the Transfiguration Axia cartridge
Mission 775SM (the 17kg deck) - with a Zeta arm (the silver wired VDH job)
Mission 775S - with the 774SM arm

A bit OTT but I just like to have the old hi fi gear around for nostalgic reasons.

My music tastes are centred around rock/prog rock and consists mainly of stuff like Alan Parsons, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Rush, Bryan Ferry etc. but also the more meaty stuff like Deep Purple, The Who, Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Dire Straits and the older Aussie rock like Cold Chisel and (early) Midnight Oil.

I'm into collecting (but playing) nice near mint (or mint) first pressings as well as any special pressings (MFSL, HSM etc.) if reviews stack up.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum

Cheers

Tim