+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My journey so far

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm John.

Default My journey so far

I joined the forum a few years ago now after I got the itch to try vinyl again.

Started with a Project Esprit deck with a 2m red going through a Little Bear T10 off Ebay feeding an Onyx melody valve amp into a set of self built Frugal Horns. Absolutely loved that but started upgrading as you do.

Moved up to a Lenco GL75 in a custom plinth with 2m Bronze into a Puresound P10 through the same amp into a set of Tannoy Eatons that I refurbished and had some RFC x'overs fitted. Absolutely loved that also.

All through this I was buying vinyl and its surprising how your collection grows.

Then changed to a set of PMC Twenty 21's fed by a Rega Brio from a Project RPM9 with Ortofon Rondon Red through a Parks Audio Puffin (which is amazing by the way). Really loved this and still have all the components.

I recently bought a set of Electric Beach Blackwoods and finally am back to something I had with the Frugal Horns a few years ago. I cant quite explain it but the sound is just so real to me.

Just sat listening to Silver Eagle off of Mark Knopflers Tracker album and I've re-cued it 4 times now. By the way, this is a fantastic album.

You go on a journey with this hobby but when it works its just bloody sensational.

Happy man.
    Last edited by speedyj; 09-06-2019 at 14:27.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

+ Reply to Thread