+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Essential Albums.

I'm Shaun.

Echobelly 'On'

I'm Martin.

Everything Steely Dan have ever done.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm alan.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Everything Steely Dan have ever done.
    Be hard to pick one as they're all good. But if I was made to it'd have to be 'Aja'.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Be hard to pick one as they're all good. But if I was made to it'd have to be 'Aja'.
    It's almost impossible but I would have to say 'Countdown To Ecstasy' because it has 'My Old School' on it. But then thinking about it 'Greatest Hits' has 'Here At The Western World' too. Which is their best song. And that's not on any of the proper albums, it's only on 'Hits and 'Gold'. So I'd have to say 'Greatest Hits'.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

I don't think I've heard that - I had the chance to buy 'Gold' from someone on here recently, but passed. maybe I should have. 'Countdown to Ecstasy' was the first Dan album I ever bought (about '73), and is my favourite, but I didn't know if that could be considered 'essential' as it's just my personal taste.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Nope they're shit.
    Massive Attack and Portishead “shit” - that’s fighting talk! See you in the playground after school, will someone be there to hold the coats please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I don't think I've heard that - I had the chance to buy 'Gold' from someone on here recently, but passed. maybe I should have. 'Countdown to Ecstasy' was the first Dan album I ever bought (about '73), and is my favourite, but I didn't know if that could be considered 'essential' as it's just my personal taste.
    'Gold' or 'Gold (Extended Edition)' are worth getting.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Simon.

Could have chosen several Can albums but this will do for a start

Simon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast