+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Be my hero, what's this from?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I'm genuinely starting to consider that this is some sort variation of the Mandela effect. Everyone remembers it but so far no one can find it in existence. And as I said before, this is the place where we would find someone that knew it if it were an LP cover. Lots of very knowledgeable music fans on this forum I'm sure.
    Never heard of the Mandela affect but it feels like a variation on one of those Facebook posts that say something like only 1 in 100 will see the message in this picture, which is usually of course not difficult. I sometimes wonder who's behind them all, maybe anti capitalists or N Korea or Russia trying to distract people and decrease western productivity or slow down the internet. The pattern could be a generic "Memphis" one that most people feel like they've seen in the past and the 90s would be a good decade to pick to catch the people who are theoretically adding more value later in their career.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Never heard of the Mandela affect but it feels like a variation on one of those Facebook posts that say something like only 1 in 100 will see the message in this picture, which is usually of course not difficult. I sometimes wonder who's behind them all, maybe anti capitalists or N Korea or Russia trying to distract people and decrease western productivity or slow down the internet. The pattern could be a generic "Memphis" one that most people feel like they've seen in the past and the 90s would be a good decade to pick to catch the people who are theoretically adding more value later in their career.

It's quite interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Martin.

I am thinking now it might have been the cover to an A4 ring binder. I didn't have one with that on it but maybe someone I was at school with did.

Obviously it is a pattern that will have been used on a few things as others have said already.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rich.

Well, based upon what we have seen I have come to the following conclusion. The only actual known occurance of the design is the skateboard, I presume someone somewhere saw the skateboard and couldn't recall where they had previously seen it, so they took the pic and started sharing it to see if anyone could tell them. It spread, as things so readily do these days, with each of us having the same reaction to it, we definitely know it but just can't recall from where or what. The design is generic enough for us to be certain we are familiar with it, without it leading us to a specific product or use.

I am still hopeful that someone will be along to tell us exactly which album cover/TV show we know it from, but I'm now less inclined to believe that will happen than I was on my first post.

Thanks to everyone for helping, sorry if I gave you an itch that couldn't be scratched

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Lawrence.

I'm still convinced I saw it in Hifi World

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm still convinced I saw it in Hifi World

That's the problem, I'm equally convinced I've seen it before, and a lot too.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Chris.

Familiar.
    LP cover.
    Was thinking it was 'Let's Dance'.....
    Certainly from that period.
    Unfortunately I've shed all my vinyl.
    Chris.

I'm Rob.

I'm also convinced that it is either an album or 12" cover that I have!!!! I had a brief look earlier, but then Mrs Puffin called me in for me tea.....and you don't mess wiv me missus (for a mental picture think Peggy Mount) I seem to think that it is a Whitney Houston 12" sleeve. I am of course completely gaga and it will probably turn out that I don't have it at all!
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I'm also convinced that it is either an album or 12" cover that I have!!!!
    Me too, but went through all albums/12"'s yesterday and no luck... Spent hours googling "Memphis Style" and 80s/90s album covers, and came up with nothing. I thought I'd got it out of my system today as spent a lovely day away from the internet with the family. Now I'm starting to get the shakes and NEED to know the answer! I'm going to need therapy after this!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Im pretty sure Ive seen the design on an record cover from the 80s or 90s. Perhaps mostly that design with the bands picture in the corner. sort of design you would see on a smash hits inner double cover but I just think Ive seen it used on the cover of something we should recognise...you know its got that sort of electric boogaloo design and Ive defo seen something like it.

We have photo memories for images even if we cant immediately place them

Why do I think Ive seen it before and why is it on that skateboard? Its a generic design which is quite funky in its own way

Im not going to lose sleep over it though
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 04-06-2019 at 10:11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast