+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of May.

I'm Martin.

Not Pitt The Elder?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

No that was my auntie Ingrid. A right mucky bugger in her youth according to my uncle Cecil.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It goes without saying that inequality and unfairness isn't right but we can oppose it all day long and that won't change anything as the people responsible don't give a shiney shite what the little guys think.

Perhaps the only way is to get involved in politics and try to change things from within. Have you considered becoming a Councillor or stand representation of the party of your choice? I reckon you could be quite effective - even if you can't changes the view of your opponents, you can at least wear them down until they give up

Being semi retired, you may be in a better position than some to put in the hours and legwork, although your garden may turn to shit. Just borrow a couple of sheep (not the one you borrowed for that party, she was a right diva) and at least your lawn will be ok.
    Haha - love it!

Maybe in my younger days, when I could be arsed devoting time and energy to such matters, I'd have considered it, but not now. These days, all I want is a quiet, fun, stress-free life, doing the things I like doing, with others who enjoy doing it with me. And why not? I've earned it!

However, that won't stop me from raging against the unjustness and inequality of 'the system', or divorcing myself, as much as possible (through deliberate lifestyle choices and hard-earned financial successes), from the worst of its insidious effects!!

Marco.

P.S The sheep you 'borrowed' last time, came back unable to 'baa', so you must've rammed it in too hard. A subsequent claim for compensation, therefore, will be issued against you in due course, as playing the game of 'let's make Bessie baa', by 'raiding' her back passage, has now been rendered as impossible.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Well, it is literally now the last of May. Hello June!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I never got the whole crusade against inequality and unfairness.

If everyone got exactly the same start in life and exactly the same, even handed treatment how bad are the people who still fail despite that going to feel?
    Well, at least they'll be 'failures', despite having been given every chance to succeed, and so probably only have themselves to blame, not the system!

All I'd want is a much more even spread of wealth and opportunities, and in the UK, to significantly reduce the division between the grossly rich and abjectly poor - and that starts by not giving all the perks to the fat cats!

And some things that are pretty important can't really be fixed
    Such as? And "important" to whom?

As I've said before, I'd force all multi-millionaires and billionaires in the UK to forfeit a percentage of their wealth or salary, which would then be given *directly* to the most needy of our citizens, in order to help them lead a life worth living, rather than merely a pitiful, and often painful day-to-day 'existence', where the temptation for suicide is forever present, as the constant struggle for survival is simply too much.

We have to end the injustice that exists where some past-it, pee-soaked, corpulent, sweet sherry-stained waste of taxpayers money, can park his ample posterior in the House of Lords, doing next to hee-haw, yet get paid handsomely for it, while only minutes away someone else is sleeping rough in a cardboard box.

*That* is fundamentally unfair, unjust, and completely unnecessary in a primarily rich country, such as the UK, and simply showcases the failings of the class system at its worst. And something needs done about it.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Pitt the glint in his father's eye
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

What's your view, Granty, of the 'old boys network' in the House of Lords? Well, I guess it's 'quintessentially English'...!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Such as? And "important" to whom?

I was taking the piss - because it seems to be impossible to have any sort of serious discussion about such things. Complex problems do not have simple solutions. Sometimes they don't have any solution at all. Tying to implement a simple solution to a complex problem can actually makes the problem worse, not better. Even telling people that there is a simple solution can have ramifications that are truly terrible if they actually start to believe you.

if you are really serious about changing the world for the better your analysis of the problem needs to be far more sophisticated. Your solutions need to be far more sophisticated. You can't change 'the system' because the system is dictated by human nature. You can game the system to produce the outcomes you desire. But that isn't easy or straightforward to accomplish. Firstly your analysis of the system needs to be detailed and accurate. Next you have to define your goals in detail. Then you have to identify the weak spots in the system. Then you have to formulate strategies to exploit those weak spots in order to achieve those goals.

But that all sounds like a lot of work doesn't it? Far easier to just rail against the supposed 'bad guys' as though life was just another episode of 'The A Team'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I was taking the piss - because it seems to be impossible to have any sort of serious discussion about such things. Complex problems do not have simple solutions. Sometimes they don't have any solution at all. Tying to implement a simple solution to a complex problem can actually makes the problem worse, not better. Even telling people that there is a simple solution can have ramifications that are truly terrible if they actually start to believe you.

if you are really serious about changing the world for the better your analysis of the problem needs to be far more sophisticated. Your solutions need to be far more sophisticated. You can't change 'the system' because the system is dictated by human nature. You can game the system to produce the outcomes you desire. But that isn't easy or straightforward to accomplish. Firstly your analysis of the system needs to be detailed and accurate. Next you have to define your goals in detail. Then you have to identify the weak spots in the system. Then you have to formulate strategies to exploit those weak spots in order to achieve those goals.

But that all sounds like a lot of work doesn't it? Far easier to just rail against the supposed 'bad guys' as though life was just another episode of 'The A Team'.
    Bloody hell, I only wanted a requisition form for some post-it notes. Next time I'll just go to the corner shop
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Mmm... All very amusing, but getting the basics right and realigning the 'entitlement landscape' a little, would do for starters, and wouldn't be too taxing (no pun intended) to achieve!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast