+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Morcheeba - Big Calm

I'm Shaun.

Default Morcheeba - Big Calm

Oh my word, having played this to near death back in 1997 I have just dug it out for a spin. I recently disposed of my vinyl collection so was glad I also had this on CD and am I pleased to rediscover it. Power amp in triode mode with a bit of bottom end from the sub, bloody sublime music. Lights out, just a glow from the street and the valves and pure, stunning music of a very high calibre. In fact this album made me also dig out the first two Zero 7 albums as well. Total chillout...

I'm Justin.

Who can you trust?
    "It's all a fix. It's all pretend. Government - is not your friend." The Dream and the Dreamer. Ian Brown.

I'm Steve.

I've got one called 'The Platinum Collection' which I will have gotten cheap and have never played. Maybe I should give it a go.
    Excuse me, are you the Judean People's Front?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

+ Reply to Thread