+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twelvebears Slate Monster Speakers up for sale!

I'm Steve.

Default Twelvebears Slate Monster Speakers up for sale!

Controvercial I know, but a recent cash injection means I'm grasping the chance to make some major system changes, plus I came across an amazing deal on a pair of Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers.

Up shot is that my monster slate speakers need to go.

Personally I'd LOVE to keep them, but I just don't have the space so they are now on eBay

The BIN price represents approx 50% of what they cost to build so a real bargain if anyone's interested. Obviously open to direct offers from AOS members via PM

I'm investigating cheap storage options that would allow me to keep them but the weight means there practical limitations - no way these babies can be popped in the loft!!

Cheers
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    plus I came across an amazing deal on a pair of Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers
    Steve, are you serious? Have you heard them? I only ask because I think WB speakers are horrible. Every time I have heard them they have sounded cold, clinical, lifeless.

Just my opinion but I hope you know and like them.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Steve, are you serious? Have you heard them? I only ask because I think WB speakers are horrible. Every time I have heard them they have sounded cold, clinical, lifeless.

Just my opinion but I hope you know and like them.
    Indeed I have Martin. I lugged my M3 amp and Sony SCD777ES down to KJ West Oner and listened to the very pair I have bought.

Personally I loved them with my stuff but I did also have a quick listen to the same with an Esoteric CD player and a Chord pre-power and it sounded very different, so I suspect it's just how things work out.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

MartinT Guest

Ok, glad they're doing it for you.

I'm Mark.

Just had a look at the slate website mentioned in your ebay auction.

http://www.slateage.com/stone-produc...ture/index.php

They look fantastic. ( And I am sure they sound fantastic )

Good luck with the sale

Mark.

I'm David.

i like the avatar mark
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Mark.

I'm David.

yes, ive seen his work before... not bad with a camera... shit with a screwdriver though from what i hear
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    yes, ive seen his work before... not bad with a camera... shit with a screwdriver though from what i hear
    His spelling seems to be getting better though
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ILOB.

Steve think carefully about this I used to have the same speakers many years back and was not sad to see them go
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast