+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contemplating Chord speaker cable upgrade

I'm ChrisB.

Mods thanks for shifting this threat to the right place.
    Who've you been threadening? That's not tolerated here you know!

Eh! You've lost me there. I originally posted this (my first ever thread) in the BLANK CANVAS section. I thereafter asked for it to be moved to The Artist's Palette as thats were this newbie should have posted it in the first place. Hence the thanks.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm ChrisB.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply he gave earlier...........
    Mods thanks for shifting this threat to the right place.
    This is the place where you give a little chuckle & say: "My word, that Wazoo fella..... he's really really funny...........and clever too........."

I'm notAlone.

Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply he gave earlier...........

This is the place where you give a little chuckle & say: "My word, that Wazoo fella..... he's really really funny...........and clever too........."
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

After a play around with my system I discovered it sounded better not bi-amped .

I have ordered a set of Sterling Black Mamba cables from Dave. I cant help but feel my system likes copper and lots of it so 2.5mm of Chord cable just did not seem a wise thing to blow money on as unlike the Sterling Cables I would be stuck with them if they did not suit.

Dave once I have had them running in my system for a while I'll add my thoughts on how they sound.
    Paul

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Paul - which "Dave" - just so we're clear - there's too many of the buggers on this forum to make an educated guess!

PS - love you all, Daves!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Dave greenhomeelectronics.
    Paul

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

thanks!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

By all accounts, these are really very good speaker cables.
    Dave is a great guy to deal with (I know from personal experience).

Sounds like you've made some good choices there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123