+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gdg's system

I'm Giovanni.

Default Gdg's system

Here is my (humble) HI-FI system. Please don't complain about photos, it's not the best thing I can do....

I know, loudspekers are too much near the wall, but this room is about to be rebuilt.

On top is my Technics SL 1210 MG5 with Denon DL 160 & Stanton 681 EEE MKIII. This TT is not modded in any part (...yet).

Than you can see a the Terratec DMX6Fire USB I use to rip vinyls to do some DVD-A for car use.

The following stuff is from just one italian brand, AM-Audio:
    * a pre-phono MM + its PSU
    * a PA-40 Reference S3, a mosfet integrated ampli, capable of 40W in full A Class.
    * speakers Rossini Reference S1
    * power & interconnection cables.
    All electronics are dual-mono channels, mosfet based, zero-counterreaction and no use of IC.

You may wonder why I choose all items from one manifacturer only.
    Well:
    1. I'm lazy
    2. I've no more time to spend in endless "this-goes-well-with-that" attempts.
    3. I like way the AM-Audio stuff plays.
    -
    My real problem right now is the listening-room, but in a couple of month I'll get rid of a wall separating this room from another one, doing a one room of about 40 mq.
    -
    I own a Rega Planar 3 + RB 300 + Elys + Super Elys, I got in the 1994, but since I bought my first SL 1210, I'm not using anymore.
    I have a SL 1210 MK5 I enjoy very often disassembling. It's has been tuned-up, re-wired & repainted.
    Thanks to some advice I found on this great forum, I'm starting a new set of mods. But we'll talk about this a better place

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Nice set up ' impressive rebuild with the techie arm !
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

+1
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Love it!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Just thinking how great the room looked and then I read you are knocking it down! The turquoise floor tiles are super-cool
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Giovanni.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just thinking how great the room looked and then I read you are knocking it down! The turquoise floor tiles are super-cool
    My wife will be happy with your appreciation about the floor :-D
    (don't worry about the tiles, I have many spares ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by Gdg View Post
    My wife will be happy with your appreciation about the floor :-D
    (don't worry about the tiles, I have many spares ;-).
    They love tiles in Italy?

Oh and I think your amplification and speakers look a bit on the tentative side.

But seriously, very nice looking outfit.
    Phillip.

Records... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the turntable Perspective. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new records, to seek out new artists and new sounds, to boldly go where no hyper elliptical diamond stylus has gone before!

Polk Audio SDA 1C + Yamaha C4 / M2 + Custom Made DIY Phono Stage + Pro-Ject Perspective + Pro-Ject Speed Box II + Benz Micro Ace = Magic.

+ Reply to Thread