+ Reply to Thread
Page 497 of 503 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 5028

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm sorted.

Some updates

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Bit of a green theme there mostly, Roy, I like the Lorus.

I nearly bought a green faced Sekonda, but decided to go black in the end. Realised I have never owned a “gold” watch, and now I am wearing suits more often fancied a bit of bling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Just got my Versace back from the repairer a couple of weeks ago. Had it about 18 years but not worn in the past couple as the crown undid itself and got lost. Took it back to the jeweller I bought it from and they made me a new crown. I was expecting quite a hefty bill but they only charged me 20 quid! Doesn’t have the logo like the original, but at least I can wear it again now.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm sorted.

Default Anyone keen on watches?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

I nearly bought a green faced Sekonda, but decided to go black in the end. Realised I have never owned a “gold” watch, and now I am wearing suits more often fancied a bit of bling.
    Lorus are actually made by Seiko but sell for roughly a third of the equivalent Seiko model, they're fitted with an older movement but still a very good watch for the money.

Just got my Versace back from the repairer a couple of weeks ago. Had it about 18 years but not worn in the past couple as the crown undid itself and got lost. Took it back to the jeweller I bought it from and they made me a new crown. I was expecting quite a hefty bill but they only charged me 20 quid! Doesn’t have the logo like the original, but at least I can wear it again now.
    Other half just had her Tag serviced, £405! but you get a new warranty. They polished all the scratches out of the clasp (she never takes it off) but within a day of getting it back she'd scraped it again!

I'm sorted.

Continuing the green theme

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I wouldn't describe that a 'bling' - far from it.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Oh aye that's very tasty.

I am a big gold watch fan. Gold watch with a black suit is top class.

Just been watching 'Live & Let Die', noticed Bond is wearing the Pulsar P2 which I've got a copy of. Although his is in silver.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Thanks chaps, I must say some of the classic Sekondas are very nice and so cheap - this is a now discontinued model “1664” but picked one up NOS from an Amazon trader for just over 50 quid - can’t complain at that price!
    Alex

I'm sorted.

Something very similar I got off Amazon for 20 odd quid and it was an automatic!

That is very nice Roy - unbelievable for 20 notes!
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread