+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be It Ever So Humble

Default Be It Ever So Humble

Cambridge Audio 840A v2 Integrated Amp, Apple TV, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Magnepan MMG Speakers, Kimber Optical Digital, Kimber Hero Interonnects, Kimber 8TC Speaker Cable, IsoTek Mains Cable, PS Audio Quintet Power Condition. Sounds good to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mwheelerk; 29-01-2010 at 06:45.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mwheelerk View Post
    Cambridge Audio 840A v2 Integrated Amp, Apple TV, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Magnepan MMG Speakers, Kimber Optical Digital, Kimber Hero Interonnects, Kimber 8TC Speaker Cable, IsoTek Mains Cable, PS Audio Quintet Power Condition. Sounds good to me.
    Here there, nicely set-up system. Love the speakers. :-) Oh and welcome to AOS!

Just to say a big hello and get introduced to the regulars and before one of our friendly Mods give you a nudge, could you post a little introduction in the Welcome Thread area. Just a little bit about yourself and what sort of music you're into would be great.

Oh and what's you name by the way?

All the best.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Welcome. You almost certainly have the last laugh as in theory, your amp is the best of all of ours. Just don't tell Marco though
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Welcome

840a is a nice amp ' i have the 740a its rather good , they punch above there weight for sure .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm notAlone.

Welcome to AoS.

Best amp, I don't know (I haven't listen to all of them), but kudos to Doug Self (and the CA team) who really did a very creative (and rewarding) work with this amp.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Welcome

Nice system you have there. I have fond memories of a home audition of some Magnepan SMGa speakers some years ago.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Seriously, take an 840A mk2, dress it better and significantly refine the display ergonomics and it could sell for £5K with a cachet-name on the front.

Not necessarily to everyone's cup of tea on here (it doesn't glow warmly inside ), but IMO a real achievement..

By the way, I was asked by a couple of people on here why AVI stopped making their highly regarded separates. These Cambridge amps were one of the key factors, as well as a desire to develop a new niche....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nick.

Welcome, M... I like the look of those speakers Do tell us some more, like your name 'M' sounds almost Bond-like, don't you think
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome, the system looks good - I hope you get stuck in on the forum, let us also know where you are based and what sort of music you are in to.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Hello M, i do like your ribbons, do they give a good sound stage like apogees?
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast