+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: chord signature jumpers

I'm Phil.

Default chord signature jumpers

i unfortunately have biwirerable speakers and over the past months i have had may sets of jumpers to try and tried various postions

the best sound i get is using the main speaker cable [analysis plus silver oval] postive to HF and negative to LF . more coherant and 3d sound

but have tried silver jumpers [150 pounds]

suprasword [didn`t fit ]

vertex mncayo [ 500 ish] didn`t sound good at all

analysis plus big silver oval [ in at moment on demo ]

but the best out of all of them is the 45 pound chord signature jumpers , sounds superb , easy to use and nothing at all can beat it in my experience over several months
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

All you need are the gold plated brass jumpers as used by most manufacturers. Gold conducts better than silver so should be the best thing to use

[Edit from below] - I must have it wrong, but I *would* say that speakers would have been designed and balanced with the supplied bi-wire links, wouldn't they?
    Last edited by DSJR; 10-01-2010 at 16:25.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    All you need are the gold plated brass jumpers as used by most manufacturers. Gold conducts better than silver so should be the best thing to use
    Surley silver is best then copper and gold last. Gold is used because it doesn't tarnish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistivity

Well no thanks to DSJR I've sold mine thanks. Dave they are awful those jumper bars despite your theory. I use Coherent jumpe leads. They cost 150 quid, almost double my speaker cable but are a worthwhile improvement over both the bars and the Chord Sigs.

I'm Dave.

I hate to disagree with DSJR but I've got a box somewhere full of various gold-plated jumper bars, all of which were bested by a short length of decent cable.

I think the problem with the gold-plated jobbies is that if you could scrape off the gold and melt it down, the actual material you have would just about make enough wire to make a fuse and that is what you are listening to.

I've never yet replaced a set of jumpers (some of them quite exotic) with a bit of wire and not heard an improvement. The wire jumper doesn't have to be anything special - Chord Rumour or Odyssey are plenty good enough especially when you consider what is inside the speaker.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Surely the easiest option is just to use a bit of the same wire you are using for the speaker cable -well, what I do, anyway, my theory being that you want the same cable feeding the HF and LF?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I hate to disagree with DSJR but I've got a box somewhere full of various gold-plated jumper bars, all of which were bested by a short length of decent cable.

I think the problem with the gold-plated jobbies is that if you could scrape off the gold and melt it down, the actual material you have would just about make enough wire to make a fuse and that is what you are listening to.

I've never yet replaced a set of jumpers (some of them quite exotic) with a bit of wire and not heard an improvement. The wire jumper doesn't have to be anything special - Chord Rumour or Odyssey are plenty good enough especially when you consider what is inside the speaker.
    Well thank heavens that at least two of my favourite speaker manufacturers have seen sense and designed decent crossovers that don't need bi-wire terminals!

The most that those bars/links are going to add is a tiny fraction of an Ohm to the loading - amazing that this can apparently be heard. The only ones I noticed were the original thick brass links Harbeth used decades ago, they now have them plated by a clock-maker, although each new model has abandoned the idea as it causes too much trouble and makes no difference to their speakers (they claim).
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Martin.

Why not bi-wire the 'speakers properly and forget the jumpers?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm David.

In the absence of biwire and special little linky things - ie using the supplied metal things... is it better to connect to the high or low terminal

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    In the absence of biwire and special little linky things - ie using the supplied metal things... is it better to connect to the high or low terminal
    Try it each way - bet you a tenner there's no difference...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast