+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bargain Miles Davis Box Set

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Bargain Miles Davis Box Set

Thanks to Jeff Dorgay on the Tone Audio for pointing this out - hope they won't mind me pinching the content, from here: http://www.tonepublications.com/music/

Miles Davis: The Complete Columbia Album Collection. Sony Legacy (71CD box set)
    Yeah, you read right, 71 discs! If your Miles collection is spotty or you have to be a completist collector, this box comes neatly packaged complete with mini-LP style packaging and a few bonus tidbits of Miles that you might not already have. For the first time on DVD is the Live in Europe ’67 concert and an audio release of the 1970 Isle of Wright festival.
    The press release from Sony promises bonus tracks and other unreleased bits sprinkled in throughout the collection. Also included is a 250 page book with a Miles’ biography and a complete discography to his work, which provides a nice index to the box.
    The recording quality is above average and if you are a recent music server owner, this is a great way to just put the whole Miles’ collection on your hard drive. For now, this is an Amazon exclusive and at about $400, a great price. But the killer deal
    is at Amazon UK, where you can buy the box for 120 pounds. –Jeff Dorgay

Actually a bit more now - £134.48 for 71 CDs
    - (£1.89 per CD!) Still an absolute bargain for any jazz freaks out there?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Mil...9357516&sr=1-2
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

I heard that it is available on FLAC download too, but I can't find the info anymore...

(buyers seem to complain about a glue problem ? Odd.)
    Last edited by Themis; 27-11-2009 at 21:48.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm ChrisB.

Blimey Guv'nor
    That's a bit of good news!
    Everyone should own some of that stuff - it's all pretty incredible. Each of his albums was a special moment but when viewed as a complete body of work, it's just astounding that it all came from the same guy.

Except it didn't really - it's just that he was a sponge & was influenced by so much. But after it went through the 'Miles Filter' it came out sounding unique.
    The wonder of it all is that we got such diversity as 'Kind of Blue', 'Sketches of Spain', 'Bitches Brew' & 'Tutu' and all from one guy.

Go & buy it - NOW!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    (buyers seem to complain about a glue problem ? Odd.)
    So they do, I didn't read that originally - you'd hope they will sort this pretty quickly... but I guess there's no guarantee.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread