+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: Are You Knocking On a Bit?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A man went to a fancy dress shop looking for a fig leaf. The first one he tried was too small to provide sufficient modesty. So too was the second he tried, as was the third and fourth. Eventually, after being asked if they didn't have anything larger "to cover his requirements", the shop owner, replied with a certain amount of exasperation:

"May we suggest that Sir throws his 'requiremnts' over his shoulder and go as a petrol pump".
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A man went to a fancy dress shop looking for a fig leaf. The first one he tried was too small to provide sufficient modesty. So too was the second he tried, as was the third and fourth. Eventually, after being asked if they didn't have anything larger "to cover his requirements", the shop owner, replied with a certain amount of exasperation:

"May we suggest that Sir throws his 'requiremnts' over his shoulder and go as a petrol pump".
    A bit of a surprise, what with being in the wrong thread, and all the funnier for it
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

We aim to please. Yes I know I should have posted it in the 'Jokes and Funnies' thread, but though it was a suitable sequitur to the immediate discussion.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

No, sometimes things have more impact when they come up unexpectedly, and the timing's perfect - it's nice to start the day with a bit of a laugh
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Thread reinvigorated due to popular demand!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Blimey. Do you recall the pre-smartphone 'dark ages'? I remember when you could walk a mile or so to the nearest phone box and make a call for fourpence .

It was free if your home caught fire and you needed to make an emergency call for the fire brigade. Mind you, by the time you'd walked there most of the house was ashes!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

I don't suppose electric cars will come with starting handles as part of the original equipment.

I'm John.

Electric cars do pose a question as to the future of the mechanic’s role as it has been since the inception of the motor vehicle.

A lot more electrical technicians required I think.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Electric cars do pose a question as to the future of the mechanic’s role as it has been since the inception of the motor vehicle.

A lot more electrical technicians required I think.
    I think we’re already there, if the boss of my local independent garage is correct - he was telling me yesterday that modern cars (not electric ones) are so full of electronics and computers these days it becomes practically impossible for them to diagnose problems if they are not shown from the fault codes when you plug in the OBD reader.

It just becomes guess work replacing various sensors and modules. Back in the day your car went to the scrapyard once it rusted away, these days it’s more likely to go there because “computer says no”.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

People will still crash their electric cars into other cars and various street furniture so there will always be some work fixing those issues.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast