+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steaming Piles of Crap (In your opinion) - Albums you surprisingly hated?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Steaming Piles of Crap (In your opinion) - Albums you surprisingly hated?

I'm sure this will have been done before, but I can't easily find a thread, so here goes...

Prompted by playing "Moloko - I Am Not a Doctor" - I've just lost an hour (63 minutes actually!) of my life to this CD of utter tripe - and I do like their first album (Do you Like My Tight Sweater) and their subsequent work, and Roisin Murphy's solo effort - so I'm really at a loss as to why I hate this CD so much, but I do!

Because I liked the first album, like a lot of artists, I bought this one blind - so, what albums have you bought expecting to like, only to find that you can't stand them?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

The ex wife used to persistently play Fleetwood Mac 'Roumers'..Anyhow to a long story short,Warner Brothers pressings make great frisby's

Van Morrisons Astral Weeks live.
    Having grown up with the original vesrion, which is truly wonderful, I bought the live version knowing I shouldn't and struggled to listen to it all. It is such a shame when a pension fund needs boosting in this sort of way.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I'm sure this will have been done before, but I can't easily find a thread, so here goes...

Prompted by playing "Moloko - I Am Not a Doctor" - I've just lost an hour (63 minutes actually!) of my life to this CD of utter tripe - and I do like their first album (Do you Like My Tight Sweater) and their subsequent work, and Roisin Murphy's solo effort - so I'm really at a loss as to why I hate this CD so much, but I do!

Because I liked the first album, like a lot of artists, I bought this one blind - so, what albums have you bought expecting to like, only to find that you can't stand them?

I agree Alex, bought because Sing it Back is on it...what went wrong ? Avante Garde clap trap Moloko do Kraut Rock.

Journeys last three albums....get Steve Perry back and get a decent producer.

Anything by Squarepusher.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I thought Andre was going to mention Kraftwerk's Computer World for a moment there

One that i haven't given any further time to was "After The gramme" by The Fall - being yelled at to pay my rates for five minutes kinda put me off.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Steve.

I once bought on recommendation, this;

The Darling Buds (forget the name of the album)

Utter, utter tosh of the highest order! plus another one I was led to believe was worth my hard earned and turned out to be a load of sentimental tripe.

Katie Melua (who cares what the album was called) I normally enjoy female vocal stuff, indeed it makes up a very large preportion of my listening, but that Cd is dire.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I DID not buy these, but Kate, who has a music collection consisting of a David Soul LP, a lional ritchie lp (note lower case letters for this one),and a Wombles LP has also recently bought both the la roux cd and a mel c one. This is after 23 years together, and sadly, both my kids like one track off the la roux thing.
    Maybe it is not surprising that I don't like these, but her entire collection is truly worthy of being made into its own steaming pile of poo..

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I thought Andre was going to mention Kraftwerk's Computer World for a moment there
    Goes without saying

I'm Nick.

'Loveless' by My Bloody Valentine. 'Ecstacy & Wine', 'Isn't Anything' and the early Creation singles were great, but 'Loveless' which the industry press took to their bosom as a seminal work of genius, just made me feel seasick, with a signature sound like a warped record (I had it on CD, so it wasn't, um, really a warped record ).

Oh, and I agree about the Moloko album. Stinking pile of pants. Eben the version of 'Sing It Back' was crap compared with the single!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Anything by The Beautiful South..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast