+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Italy

Default Hello from Italy

Hi all,

I'm Enrico, living in Naples, with the sea on my front and the Vesuvius on the back.
    I drop in AoS because of my TC7520, but it's so a lovely place that I lurked for a lot, but now here I am.

My setup, a QNAP NAS-119 PRO, with one Tera heart. My CD's ripped by EAC/Foobar2000, and stored mainly in FLAC. A TEAC WAP-4500 is in charge to be my frontend to QNAP, and the optical out of TEAC feed the TC7520. An Accuphase 212 lovely drives a couple of Chario Academy II. When it's late nite or my daugther's are playing on the WII, a Beyerdynamic 990pro is my companion.
    Classical, Indie, Ethnic, Pop/Rock...I'm quite omnivorous

that's all, for now
    Enrico

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Glad you finally erupted into action and joined us Enrico - you obviously know how we work, as you've told us everything in your welcome post - don't know your speakers, would be good to see some pictures if you can manage to post the, some time. In the meantime, enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Confused.

Smile

Hi Enrico,
    Welcome to the forum. As Alex says, the only thing you need to do to fulfil anything that may be asked of a new member is to post some pics of your set up in the Gallery area.
    Do you literally live on the slopes of Vesuvius? - I remember seeing the new houses going up on the slopes and wondered what would happen if the volcano 'woke up' again.
    I know a little of Napoli, having visited there on business and pleasure a few times between 1995 and 2005, at which point I retired. I stayed at Grand Hotel Parkers a few times and St Francesco's (old monastery) twice - lovely views across the bay from both hotels. We also had a nice holiday in Acciaroli a few miles south in a business friend's holiday home - lovely area, nice ruins and countryside - loved Santa Maria di Castellabate and Hotel Sophia (I think, maybe Sonia?)
    I hope you enjoy your stay here.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AOS.

Alex and Dave have done me proud .

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Hi Enrico,
    Do you literally live on the slopes of Vesuvius? - I remember seeing the new houses going up on the slopes and wondered what would happen if the volcano 'woke up' again.
    Thank you all for the welcome.
    Well, I live few km far from Ercolano and Pompei, and the last simulations about pyroclastic cloud give us a 30/60 s from the collapse before the cloud arrive here. It's enough to write down the last post here .
    Nice places Acciaroli, S. Maria di Castellabate, they are in the Cilento's National Park. They are my favourite holiday places since I was a teeneger, together with Palinuro and Marina di Camerota. Nice places, clean sea, good food.
    I'll try to show you by pics my setup, in the meanwhile, if you like pics, please have a look in my flickr stream, http://www.flickr.com/photos/kausmedia/.

ciao,

Enrico.
    Enrico

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

There are a lot of pictures there Enrico, some great shots - is this your profession, or are you a talented hobbyist?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    There are a lot of pictures there Enrico, some great shots - is this your profession, or are you a talented hobbyist?
    Thank you, "talented hobbyst" really likes me!

ciao!
    Enrico

+ Reply to Thread