+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi,
    Sorry it's taken a while to post since joining - my brother simon p introduced me to the forum.
    Not sure if my fi is "hi" enough to be on here!
    I have:

1 pair Audiomaster ls3/5a's
    1 Pair Meridian M30 (active)
    1 pair B&W 601 s2's
    1 Pair AE 109's

2 x Lecson AP1 power amps
    1 x Lecson AC1 pre amp
    1 x Quad 405
    1 x Meridian 103D
    4 x Meridian 101's (one of them a 101b)

2 x Arcam CD 72
    1 Beresford Dac
    1 Trio direct drive t.t. (can't remember model no. & at work now)
    1 Project Debut Mklll t.t.

I am not far from Chester (NW England)
    Sorry if I delay in replying to any posts, having a few probs with my ISP at the moment!

Cheers,
    Colin

I'm ChrisB.

Hmmmm.......there's no such thing as too low here, Colin, so you should have no worries on that score, mate. And, by the way some of that 'lo-fi as you call it is extremely desirable kit.

I'd like to offer a Big Welcome to you!
    I'm sure some others'll be a long in a short while to add to that.

Enjoy yourself at The Art of Sound - I'm sure our paths will be crossing again soon.

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpMan71 View Post
    Hi,
    I have:

1 pair Audiomaster ls3/5a's
    1 Pair Meridian M30 (active)
    1 pair B&W 601 s2's
    1 Pair AE 109's

2 x Lecson AP1 power amps
    1 x Lecson AC1 pre amp
    1 x Quad 405
    1 x Meridian 103D
    4 x Meridian 101's (one of them a 101b)

2 x Arcam CD 72
    1 Beresford Dac
    1 Trio direct drive t.t. (can't remember model no. & at work now)
    1 Project Debut Mklll t.t.

Cheers,
    Colin
    I'll get me coat then!!

Seriously Colin, welcome to the forum and have no fears on the above score. There are members on here with kit that makes yours seem cheap, but also others that make yours seem very expensive, me being one of 'em!! The most important part is that they are all willing (I'm tempted to say dedicated ) to helping you get the best out of what you've got available, irrespective of how much or how little it cost. Suggestions, experience, advice and practical help are all to be found here, just ask, no matter how big or little your question is.
    Now the standard message to all new members:-
    Can you please post lots of pictures of your kit? and...
    What music do you like listening to?
    Enjoy your stay.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    I'll get me coat then!!
    Me too!

It ain't the size of the wand, it's the magic within - well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway!

Marco oft quotes the "Sound Per Pound Value" - that's what it's all about, getting the most bang for whatever bucks you've got.

Welcome aboard, and as the others have asked, let us know your musical tastes, and get posting!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Thanks for the welcome.
    I have varied tastes: 80's, electronic, ambient, jazz, -one, day might give some classical a go!
    I will try & post some pics next weekend, this being the next time I will be able to access the internet.
    Thanks again,
    Colin

I'm Neil.

Hi Colin

Welcome to the Art of Sound.

Classic is the word I would use to describe much of what you have. Chris is right much of your set up is highly desirable and the other guys (DaveK and Alex) are also correct in what they say. Art of Sound is not about mines bigger than yours, but rather the individual approaches to music reproduction, we all have taken. Imagine twenty artists given the same subject to reproduce. Each will use different media to get there, water colour, oil etc this is why the forum is called the Art of Sound.

Enjoy the forum you your experience and your system are more than welcome. I for one would love to see some photos of your set up, so maybe (please) you might like to post some in the Gallery section of the forum.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Hello Colin,

Some choice gear you've got there!

Welcome to AoS.

Regards
    Barry

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Welcome t'other "P"

How did you get from Watford to Chester? It's a direction I think we should have gone (rather than the opposite way - almost), but that's what life throws at us...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Sorry it's taking ages to reply. I only have web access at work at the weekends at the time being - this is why I haven't uploaded any pics so far.
    I'm hoping to get them on a stick to upload next w/e if I get the chance.
    My wife is from Ellesmere Port near Chester, hence the move oop North.

+ Reply to Thread