+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leak Delta tranny Tuner & Santa's Helpers.

I'm Confused.

Default Leak Delta tranny Tuner & Santa's Helpers.

Hi Guys,
    I have been offered, FoC apart from collection costs, a Leak Tuner - a Delta 30, tranny version in case there are any others. I understand that some Leak Tuners are regarded as something of a 'classic' bit of kit and the thought occurred to me that it might be interesting, educational, and possibly profitable if I don't like the finished job, to try to bring it back to life. I am unsure of it's present status, it having come back from a couple of years loan and stored unused ever since, so it may be a 'nothing' job or call for major surgery. My abilities in this area are currently non existant so, .....
    1) from the limited info provided could it be a worthwhile exercise (or is this not one of Leak's better models)?
    2) if fixing it involves anything other than fitting a new plug and/or fuse, I made need some help from one of 'Santa's Little Helpers' - any volunteers? Feel free to PM me if you don't fancy being inundated with similar requests.
    Any constructive (sorry, no pun intended ) comments would be most appreciated - thanks for your consideration.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Dave - I don't believe the Leak Stereo 30 range was particularly well regarded, a completed ebay listing search shows that This Excellent and boxed one went for £43 - I suspect a large portion of that is the collectibility factor of it being boxed - in other words, imo have fun with it safe in the knowledge it is not worth a fortune but don't spend to much getting it going... From someone who knows less than you, so make of it what you will!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The Stereo 30, Stereo 70 and Stereofetic tuner were good for their day, the Stereo 70 especially being almost as good as a later NAD 3020 - praise indeed I think...

The Delta series that followed was after Rank took the company over. the basic designs were fairly similar, but I always thought the circuits were shoe-horned into slightly smaller boxes and I also think that quality suffered.

I'm sure the Delta tuner will be ok and for nowt, what have you got to lose?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread