+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Drift - pros & cons?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    my God, I thought I was the only one! I hate that pair of Gallagher t.w.@.t.s with a passion, and would never buy any of their music on principle... (OK, one or two of the tunes are a "bit" catchy...! Before I get flamed!)
    im certainly not going to quibble with that... pair of tossers.... crapy music....
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Steve.

No, you are not alone! Blur had more talent in their toenails than those two chav idiots. Plus, What's the story..? is quite probably THE WORST recorded CD I have ever had the displeasure of having to listen to. Utter, utter shite.

They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Neil.

If Oasis was a real Oasis, it would be a dry hole. No talent...lets copy the Beatles , crap copying .......(fill in the blank). Boring, I agree Blur much better.

Bruce (the Boss) Springbore....nope don't get him either every song sounds the same. He may well put on a good show, but IMHO his music sounds the same and is BORING.

I agree great thread.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    No, you are not alone! Blur had more talent in their toenails than those two chav idiots. Plus, What's the story..? is quite probably THE WORST recorded CD I have ever had the displeasure of having to listen to. Utter, utter shite.

No that would be Metalica's last album......brings whole new levels of compression to compression............................. Why bother. Playing the songs on the Jools Holland show was amazing listen to the cd crapsville.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm David.

yeah at least blur had the common decency to make more than one song ...(im fairly certain all oasis songs are the same!).
    think tank is very different to parklife for example but both pretty bloody enjoyable albums in thier own right
    oasis just seem to be doing the same thing they did to start with but as each album goes on it seems gets fractionaly worse....
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Interesting that the Oasis detractors are Blur fans, me included, (though I've enjoyed all of the side projects (Gorillaz, Deltron 3030 etc.) as much if not more. I never felt I made a "brit-pop" choice though, (much hyped at the time I recall) - Oasis are just crap! And anyway, Graham Coxon was on Blue Peter. Twice!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

that "britpop battle" just made people choose and divided the nation between the intelegent people - who went for blur, and the drongos with atitudes - who went for oasis.. since that happend the two bands will always be assosiated!
    what gets me is that oasis are a bigger band but i guess that just means there are more drongos than intelegent people in this country!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    that "britpop battle" just made people choose and divided the nation between the intelegent people - who went for blur, and the drongos with atitudes - who went for oasis..
    Of course, the people with real taste ignored both of them in favour of The Boo Radleys.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    I have to agree re the beatles, I have just one CD and that is enough for me. I know being a 'scouser' that is probably heresey, but it simply doesnt do it for me. .
    Anyone who doesn't like the Beatles is wrong.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

This thread on 'thread drift' is in danger of drifting into a rut.

There will always be differences of opinion over musical tastes, just like anything else. I would be interested to hear why certain members think that the Beatles or the Stones are 'crap'.

But that would prevent further thread drift........
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast