+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beresford Caiman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Beresford Caiman

Now in stock . Any AoS member wishing to view more details, please PM me and I shall PM you the link back. Please note the link only works when you click on it from within your PM inbox on AoS.

In order to clarify one detail that a few people have asked me to:
    Delivery of the Caiman is included in the price to AoS members who are reachable by plane, train, automobile, or boat, on the understanding that there is a postal service of sorts to the destination. So that includes all 7 continents, and islands with a postal service. I don't deliver to the ISS.

Hopefully I can post some pics later one.

Stan
    Last edited by StanleyB; 23-07-2009 at 11:24.

Now also available on my homehifi website (only!).

Buyers outside of Europe should email me for the tax free export version price.

Stan

Hi Stan,

Tried to access the homehifi site but it within a second my browser defaults to the beresford/me site. If I am quick I do get a glimpse of the Caiman though - just enough to torment me!

Regards

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    Hi Stan,

Tried to access the homehifi site but it within a second my browser defaults to the beresford/me site. If I am quick I do get a glimpse of the Caiman though - just enough to torment me!

Regards

Chris
    I'll PM you the AoS gateway to the site. Just remember that you can only enter via AoS when using the gateway.

Ta Stan,

I'll have a look then and see what I am missing.

Regards

Chris

Yes, I see the Caiman is now on general release. I guess that means it's limited launch was a success, and anyone can now buy one. That's good news, and should give the "big boys" a run for their money.

I wonder how long before the 7510 falls off the stock list.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Jerry.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but Stan said the Caiman was outside his comfort zone cost wise and therefore numbers would be very limited. It was intended for people who did not want to carry out or get the modifications done.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but Stan said the Caiman was outside his comfort zone cost wise and therefore numbers would be very limited. It was intended for people who did not want to carry out or get the modifications done.
    He did. Plans change.

www.homehifi.co.uk
    Last edited by Labarum; 14-08-2009 at 17:21.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I think it is still limited though, Brian, despite now being on the (UK only) website - see these posts by Stan, though I could have got it wrong:

Last Caimans?

Caiman not a "production" model

Sure Stan will be along to dispel either myth...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I put the remainder of the AoS stock on my UK site since I had no more inquiries from AoS members and I couldn't just hang on to the stock for ages. I have about 22 pieces left, plus about 50 extra chips.

Except for AoS members, there has been little uptake of the Caiman. Sales are extremely slow. I sell one Caiman for every 5 or more TC-7520. I reckon that the price is very similar to the DacMagic, and many potential buyers probably prefer taking a chance on the DM due to the rave magazine reviews. It's mainly the serious listeners with decent to seriously decent computers, amp, headphones and speakers that seem to opt for the Caiman. At this price range there are a lot of music listeners with little funds who don't have the necessary bits that would demonstrate the Caiman's superiority over other potential competing products. So I reckon they play it safe and follow the magazines recommendations.

As for the TC-7510: the increased strength of the £ has made it almost similar in price to the V-DAC in some countries. And some magazines has been giving it good reviews. So the TC-7510 hardly sells these days. I remember selling one last week from my site, but I haven't managed to sell any on eBay since the beginning of July. So perhaps I should follow Brian's advice and pull the plug on it.

That leaves just the TC-7520 as my main product.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast