+ Reply to Thread
Page 1185 of 2951 FirstFirst ... 1856851085113511751183118411851186118711951235128516852185 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,850 of 29503

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Sandy Denny

That, and the above Fairport Convention LPs are excellent. Nice choice Grant.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    John Smith/ Great Lakes

Another fine performer. Saw him play in Wrexham a few years ago.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos (Original Soundtrack) - The Cinematic Orchestra and the London Metropolitan Orchestra (2009)

Not sure if this should really go in the "classical" version of "spinning", but it is a bit of a beautiful album.

Legend has it that the British jazz-electronic group The Cinematic Orchestra (more famous for chillout style album classics such as Motion (1999), and Ma Fleur (2007)) were contacted by the newly formed French Disneynature company. They were putting together their first documentary film about flamingos and needed, well, a cinematic orchestra for the soundtrack. (Someone googled it, I suspect...)

Well, the rest as they say is history - The Cinematic Orchestra teamed up with The London Metropolitan Orchestra for this sublime soundtrack. The film's pretty good too, if you like nature films.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Picked this up over the weekend, a great listen

Quicksilver Messenger Service ‎– Happy Trails
    Label: Capitol Records ‎– E-ST 120, Capitol Records ‎– 1E 0620 ◦ 80048, Capitol Records ‎– ST-120
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo
    Released: Sep 1969
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Psychedelic Rock, Classic Rock

It's not bad - though I only ever play Side 2: 'Who Do You Love'.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

I think for a live recording it is pretty good, even if it had some studio overdubs, a standard thing back them, if they were partaking back then they must have been good musicians.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

First time I've played Derrin using the ML's... it's a great cd

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Tull: Stand Up (CD)

I was pretty much weaned on this album at the tender age of 14 back in 69

so many memories...

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

All the talk of QSM's "Happy Trails" made me dig this off the Shelves:-

Quicksilver Messenger Service: Maiden of The Cancer Moon.

2LP set put out by "Psycho" back in '83 and is said to be an Expanded "Happy Trails" exactly where Funhouse got the tapes to this is a bit of a mystery but it's great quality. amongst some insanely rare US psych relish's they also did a good Live Groundhogs 2LP set "Hogging The Stage"

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Verdana">
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    All the talk of QSM's "Happy Trails" made me dig this off the Shelves:-

Quicksilver Messenger Service: Maiden of The Cancer Moon.

2LP set put out by "Psycho" back in '83 and is said to be an Expanded "Happy Trails" exactly where Funhouse got the tapes to this is a bit of a mystery but it's great quality. amongst some insanely rare US psych relish's they also did a good Live Groundhogs 2LP set "Hogging The Stage"

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Verdana">
    Funny enough I picked up a mint copy of it at the same record shop on Saturday for £5. Ben the shop owner said, “Where’s that come from, well you’ve found a bargain.”
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Funny enough I picked up a mint copy of it at the same record shop on Saturday for £5. Ben the shop owner said, “Where’s that come from, well you’ve found a bargain.”
    deffo was.. seems to go thru on eBay for £20-£30 last time I looked & no post/packing...

+ Reply to Thread