+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Marco's cleaning process with new vinyl, using an RCM

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Was wondering why the label says " make sure the record is fully dry before playing..."?
    /Mike
    Mike, quite a few people use the fluid for hand cleaning with micro fibre cloths, in fact we supply the stuff in a kit, with a micro fibre cloth to Reckless Records which they sell to their customers. If the record has not been fully dried then any dust falling on it *could* form a sludge and set in the grooves. This is highly unlikely but with these things, you have to cover every base.

In fact any residue left after cleaning, unless it was enough to pool, would fully evaporate in a few seconds.

Cheers

I'm Grant.

The only place I find any damp residue after cleaning is at the very end of the dead wax where the vacuum misses a bit but a few wafts in the air usually clears it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Okay, that makes some sense! Are you saying a microfibre cloth has the necessary length of fibres to reach into the groove? And of course not leave any residue?

/Mike

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I don't think any brush has fibres small enough to reach the bottom of the groove. All brushes can do is remove surface dust IMHO.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    As i posted in Trade Impressions, I now have stock of the Loricraft type soft nylon brush and the natural fibre dry brush too. The are in stores.ebay.co.uk/rebirthofthecool but PM me andthere is a deal for AoS members on these as well as the fluid.

Cheers
    Is the natural fiber brush only for dry dusting? I have the nylon one for my PRC4, but always wonder if there's something better - I suppose not, since all the brush does is ensure the fluid gets in the groove.

I wonder how the natural fiber brush would compare to my old Decca CF brush that I've been using for yonks?

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym481 View Post
    Is the natural fiber brush only for dry dusting? I have the nylon one for my PRC4, but always wonder if there's something better - I suppose not, since all the brush does is ensure the fluid gets in the groove.

I wonder how the natural fiber brush would compare to my old Decca CF brush that I've been using for yonks?
    Hi Jay,

I only reccomend the natural fibre brushes for dry cleaning. Like you I used a CF brush for many years, but when I was at Loricraft when we were offered one to rebadge we also heard about CF damaging records and in one case it was alleged that a carbon fibre that had become jammed in the grove of a record had chipped a stylus. Now I was never sure this was true, but CF is hard enough to do this, so we looked around for a soft alternative that still wipe of dust etc. The natual fibre one was the best I found and in normal use, i.e. just whiskingb off dirt, did not seem to rebuild static after several uses following a wet clean.

I'm Grant.

Funny you say that Paul but one of the fibres from my carbon fibre brush came off and stuck in a groove. I had the devil of a time getting it out again and nearly missed it. fortunately I inspect them under a high power lamp after doing it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I use a goat's hair brush, best I've found so far.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Hi All,

Glad you like "The Right One" fluid, Alan no don't rinse, there is no need to and as far as I can tell there is more chance of static returning with rinsing. As i posted in Trade Impressions, I now have stock of the Loricraft type soft nylon brush and the natural fibre dry brush too. The are in stores.ebay.co.uk/rebirthofthecool but PM me andthere is a deal for AoS members on these as well as the fluid.

Cheers

OK Thanks Paul
    Did a couple more today and the results are excellent thanks

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Funny you say that Paul but one of the fibres from my carbon fibre brush came off and stuck in a groove. I had the devil of a time getting it out again and nearly missed it. fortunately I inspect them under a high power lamp after doing it.
    That's the scenario Grant, round comes the ultra hard carbon fibre and bags into the stylus and even if it doesn't damage the diamond, it could be ripped out and damage the groove.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I use a goat's hair brush, best I've found so far.
    The natural fibre brushes I sell are the goat's hair ones that were sold as Loricraft/Garrard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast