+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PC music file software help.

I'm Confused.

Default PC music file software help.

Hi Guys,
    I do not have the world's best memory I admit but I know that, a few years, a few PCs and a few Operating Systems ago I had a program installed that would find all my music files and give me, amongst many other options, the option to list them in resolution order, eg. starting with 16/44.1 and going up to 24/192 (and perhaps even higher but I didn't have any files higher resolution than 24/192).
    I now have loads of various resolution files and would like to be able to readily separate them into their different resolutions - can anyone help me identify that program or another similar one please?
    TIA,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Gary.

Hiya Dave

Jriver would let you do it.
    Can be set up to list your music libray by samplerate and bitrate, then you can export the list to Word, Excel etc.
    30 day trial of JRiver, so get stuck in and get what you need in those 30 days.

Happy to help out with it ol' Chum.

I'm James.

If you import your files into the free version of jRiver Media Centre (I forget its exact name) it will do this for you.

I'm Mike.

J River Media Jukebox, i think youre talking about.

Itunes will do this for you in a minute? Just use Smart Playlists, and add a desired bitrate,bit depth or sample rate to find them.

Regards Mike

Edit: just remembered, i use J River Media Center 19 as a DLNA server, and its not even difficult to add a display which is sorted into bit depth first and, then all sample rates within that.
    Just like you would sort on Album or Artist....

I'm Confused.

Hi Gaz (and Jazid and Alpha ),
    Gaz, how's the new venture going? - keeping busy?
    Thanks for your response(s). It will probably not surprise you that, having D/L'd JRiver MC 19, I cannot find any way to list my music files in order of resolution. Do you think, when you have a moment or two to spare, that you could give me a short guide on how to persuade it to do just that please?
    I've heard reports that JRiver gives better SQ than foobar - any thoughts?
    TIA,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Confused.

Hi Guys,
    Looking to do some tagging and took a look at the mp3Tag freebie and was surprised to find that it offers various options, 2 of which are 'Sort by Bitrate' and 'Sort by Frequency' so that problem is now reduced. Still haven't worked out yet how to persuade mp3Tag to correct wrongly tagged files or add correct tags to untagged files. Does it offer this facility?
    TIA,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:

I'm Bob.

Load the album, highlicht the track then edit anything you want to change manually in the left pane then save it Dave, very straightforward. Can even rename the filename in the right pane....
    Never used it from online databases, all my music is by album. If Artist or Album or year have a glitch, highlight them all in the right pane, then make changes in the left, save.... but only those things which are common such as Artist, Album, Year etc..... Individual tracks are highlighted and done individually

+ Reply to Thread