+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 611 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

MartinT Guest

It's front wheel drive and they might be spinning while scrabbling for grip?

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    The photo seems a bit strange: The front wheel has motion blur and the back wheel looks like it is standing still ??
    Not unusual for FWD cars to 'cock' an inside rear wheel when cornering hard - Golf GTi's were well-known for it, for example. No weight on the wheel = it stops turning.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Love your Series 1 Jonboy. Wish I still had my 80" - such fun with the tilt off and screen folded down. Mine was a '52 and no locks of any kind - I bought 10 foot of heavy chain and a big padlock and always parked next to a lamp post or railing! Must be great with the V8 in it... let me know if you ever think of selling...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Love your Series 1 Jonboy. Wish I still had my 80" - such fun with the tilt off and screen folded down. Mine was a '52 and no locks of any kind - I bought 10 foot of heavy chain and a big padlock and always parked next to a lamp post or railing! Must be great with the V8 in it... let me know if you ever think of selling...

Cheers Alex, i had an 80 inch fitted with a Essex v6 25 years ago and was sorry to let it go, yes no door locks fitted just got a steering wheel lock and a ignition isolator fitted for a bit of security, manage to pick up a truck cab the other week so will be fitting that soon for the winter months, might be a tad warmer inside as well

Good luck with your rebuild
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Duncan.

For pure speed it's got to be a bike, get on a track day and forget all them limits!

MartinT Guest

I quite agree...

I'm Geoff.

Bugger! Typical how things catch you out. I bought a timing belt and tensioner kit for my ancient (but good) VW Golf diesel estate. But now I can't fit it. My back is giving me problems and I can't stay bent over more than five minutes without seizing up. It's an easy enough job, but I suppose now I'll have to get the local workshop to fit it. Bum and double Bum!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    For pure speed it's got to be a bike, get on a track day and forget all them limits!
    Unless your name is Sabrina Schmidt. I rate her timed run around the Nürnberg ring in a Ford transit van the most hair raising drive ever on Top Gear. And she passed a bike or two on her record setting lap.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Unless your name is Sabrina Schmidt. I rate her timed run around the Nürnberg ring in a Ford transit van the most hair raising drive ever on Top Gear. And she passed a bike or two on her record setting lap.
    She was utterly compelling viewing driving that Transit around the ring. Not hard to look at, either.

MartinT Guest

Here it is...

+ Reply to Thread