+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 270 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2693

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Shane.

Electric cars don’t require variable gearing. A simple step-down is all that is needed.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Grant.

Nope but hybrids do, and they are more common I think.
    A full electric is for me still hampered by distance and refuelling times.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nope but hybrids do, and they are more common I think.
    A full electric is for me still hampered by distance and refuelling times.
    There's also a sparsity of charging points and not all of them are universally compatible with every electric car and there can be queues for charges.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There's also a sparsity of charging points and not all of them are universally compatible with every electric car and there can be queues for charges.
    Yup, and battery replacement down line, what with tech improving so fast you could be left with a dinasor easily.
    The hybrid route looks the safer bet, if you want one.
    In 2 years if I'm still here I will reappraise market.
    Then there could be a political change too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

New Electric Mustang Mach E launched today, could be a good alternative to Tesla Model 3 but comparing US site to UK we seem to not be getting the best models and have to pay way way more... will have to wait and see what the pricing is of the Tesla Model Y. An electric car would be perfect for us, but I think it will still be a couple of years before prices come down and the infrastructure improves for charging them. Might just have to get a proper V8 Mustang in the meantime as one last hurrah!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Then there could be a political change too
    If 'Commie' Corbyn gets in, we'll all be on bicycles within six months. Mind you, six months after that folk will be fed up enough with him that somebody will bump him off.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

If 'Commie' Corbyn gets in, we'll all be on bicycles within six months. Mind you, six months after that folk will be fed up enough with him that somebody will bump him off.
    Doesn’t matter as we won’t have to go anywhere, we’ll all be happy at home with our free fibre internet connections that he’s going to give us!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

More like three fibre diet.. Trick is to vote for some middle Rd party who won't be able to do anything good or bad.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jon.

Mind you, six months after that folk will be fed up enough with him that somebody will bump him off.
    Lets hope so.

I'm Jon.

Something a little different into the workshop today and just back from filming the latest Bond movie apparently..

An amazing bit of kit. The engineering put into that is just outstanding! Far more interesting than any AMG or Maybach.

+ Reply to Thread