+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: Get Yer Turntables Out For The Lads 2013

I'm Bob.

Here's a little video I made of the Pioneer PL-L1000. No prizes for guessing the song . . .

http://youtu.be/W83llSBbFA0

MartinT Guest

What a beautiful deck, Bob. A linear motor for the arm travel is a very elegant solution. Doesn't sound bad on YouTube!

I'm Nodrog.

Love that TT. Pioneer made some stunning kit and that sounds fantastic even via YouTube. I listened to a few of your other videos and this is the one with the standout sound.

I'm Bob.

Martin/Gordon - thanks for your comments.

I'd been after one of these for quite a time, and got lucky with this one. Not only does it actually work, but cosmetically it's in pretty good shape too. At some point I'll try it with a MC; currently I've an Ortofon Vivo and a Zyx R100. TBH I don't know what the arm will take. Despite the hi-tech mechanism the arm isn't anything special, I don't think, though it does have VTA adjustment. I know I'll enjoy experimenting with it . . .

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Excellent stuff, Bob. Lovely T/T, fitted with a supposedly 'lowly' Pickering MM cartridge (don't underestimate them - they're classics), and with a sound that would put many a 'high-end' turntable to shame!

Thanks for sharing - nice one

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

Default Get Yer Turntables Out For The Lads 2013

Late, but still a nice TT:

Michell Orbe SE with Audio Origami'ed RB-250 and Benz Micro Wood SL

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by morris_minor View Post
    Here's a little video I made of the Pioneer PL-L1000. No prizes for guessing the song . . .

http://youtu.be/W83llSBbFA0

Wonderful!

When they wanted to, Pioneer (and Yamaha) really made some awesome stuff (linear trackers) back in the day.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Scott.

Default Thorens TD 160

Hi all
    Some pictures of my newly acquired Thorens TD 160.
    All totally original and unused for 10 years!
    Do you think i should keep this cart, or fit something else?
    Any advise appreciated.
    cheers
    EK
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vinyl is the real deal. I've always felt like, until you buy the vinyl record, you don't really own the album.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ekymetal View Post
    Do you think i should keep this cart, or fit something else?
    Any advise appreciated.
    cheers
    EK
    The Shure M91ED is actually one of their better sounding efforts. A close relative of the evergreen M75ED, it's a sweet enough sounding cartridge and they seem to last a long time without mechanical problems, so if the diamond tip is not worn, I'd be inclined to use it. You'd have to spend a couple of hundred quid these days to hear a significant improvement. It's well matched to the Thorens arm.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The Shure M91ED is actually one of their better sounding efforts. A close relative of the evergreen M75ED, it's a sweet enough sounding cartridge and they seem to last a long time without mechanical problems, so if the diamond tip is not worn, I'd be inclined to use it. You'd have to spend a couple of hundred quid these days to hear a significant improvement. It's well matched to the Thorens arm.
    Thanks for your reply.
    There is a broken tip and beyond using.
    Any recommendations for a replacement stylus?
    Cheers
    Ek

Vinyl is the real deal. I've always felt like, until you buy the vinyl record, you don't really own the album.

+ Reply to Thread