+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Grumpy Old Git' Thread!

I'm Geoff.

Default 'Grumpy Old Git' Thread!

Having started the 'Pet Hates' thread a while back, I realise now how many things piss me off, probably because I am literally a 'Grumpy Old Git' myself, so I thought I'd start a thread for 'Grumpy Old Gits' and see if there's any interest.

I'll let another 'Grumpy Old Git' AOS member start the ball rolling before I contribute.

Say something from the point of view of a 'Grumpy Old Git' or, to be fair, about 'Grumpy Old Gits'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

I rather liked something Stephen Fry winged about on a repeat of QI on Dave recently (where I suspect a few GOGs hang out).

Why do US Army generals often wear sunglasses indoors - tossers.

As I was typing this and thinking about people wearing sunglasses at inappropriate times I then thought of Bono, and my blood pressure immediately hit unsafe levels - world class tosser.

I'm Tom.

Yoof of today . . . no respect . . . . I fought in the war you know . . . . rubbish on the telly . . . . everyone is in a rush . . . . . I remember when a packet of fags was sixpence . . . . . yes sixpence and petrol was three bob a gallon

Don't know you're born you lot

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well, I find the modern fashion for tatoos and body piercings pretty repellent.

In fact if someone has facial piercings (or "rivets" as I call them), I find I have avoid looking at them directly.

Most tattos are badly executed or are just plain banal.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Do you remember it was all fields around here?

I'm Rob.

Where do I start....

The cost of parking your car
    The cost of not parking your car
    People looking at you
    People not looking at you
    People who use the word "like" every other word...well "it was like"...well was it, or was it just like it? ffs...you sound so stupid.
    "Can I get a skinny Latte"...NO..you can't get it they will get it for you
    People who see "phantom" cars and stop at roundabouts when there are no cars to stop for
    Cadbury's recent adverts

That'll do for now....
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by losenotaminute View Post

......thinking about people wearing sunglasses at inappropriate times
    Yes - especially those women who wear sunglasses perched in their hair as a fashion statement!
    Barry

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by losenotaminute View Post
    Do you remember it was all fields around here?
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dd0_1319898945
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Confused.

Sadly I qualify in that I can identify with all the above + I rember when you could get change from 6d (old pence for the yoofs), 2.5p in today's money when buying fish and chips plus some 'scraps'. My first half pint of beer, aged 16, in the off licence at a pub in the neighbouring village, cost 6.5d marginally over 2.5p in today's money.
    And when copper and silver coins actually contained some copper and silver, respectively.
    My BP monitor tells me I should stop now, before the £1 coin becomes the smallest one in ciculation .
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    "Can I get a skinny Latte"..
    Correct Answer:
    Certainly. Of course you may. Off you go and get it then.
    And thank you so much for asking, but next time you really don't need to bother.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast