+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New look Spotify (0.0)

synsei Guest

Default New look Spotify (0.0)

Wasn't sure where to put this thread so please feel free to move it if its face doesn't fit please mods

Powered up Spotify this morning to find myself presented with a total mess. Euugh, toooo daaamn briiiight!!! And where has the feature to 'Star' an entire album gone to? Now I have to 'Star' each individual track, this just won't do. Can I have the old look back please???
    Last edited by synsei; 15-03-2013 at 15:03.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Yeah I hate it too Dave, but I think we're stuck with it.

That was one of the things I liked about Spotify, the look, as it wasn't like iTunes, now it looks like an Apple product and to be frank the new look really sucks
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Personally I quite like it but what is really annoying me is that if you have a list of all the albums for a given artist, if you want to add one track from a specific album you can't just do it from the artist level, you have to go into the specific album before it will let you. I'm sure it wasn't like that before?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

synsei Guest

It is too garish!!! Just thought I'd reiterate the point...

Another problem I came across yesterday: Now, when one selects a specific album to play, instead of stopping at the end of the album Spotify goes off and plays the next recommended album by that artist. Did the company actually bother to consult their customers before implementing any of these changes?

So, who are the competition? I cannot stand Grooveshark, it looks to have been designed by a 12 year old with ADHD, so that's out, suggestions anyone? Is WE7 any good?

MartinT Guest

Umm, I don't seem to have it (which is possibly not a bad thing judging by your comments).

My version is Spotify Premium v0.8.8.348.ge445f5b9. This is the same version I have running at work.
    What version is the new one?

synsei Guest

Ver: 0.8.8.349.g3657a532

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Huge number of complaints about this on the Spotify community pages and I mean a lot!

Mostly about the garish 'Apple' like GUI they have implemented, but also the change in usability and the software taking over, no doubt controlled by their links with Facebook. Now that's fine if they are providing a 'free' service, which as we know if you enjoy a 'free' service on the Internet, then it's you that is the product. But as a paying Premium member I really object to this level of control, with no option to turn features off or select if you want the update or not. I'm seriously considering ditching my payment subscription and downgrading to the free service. Spotify is potentially f***** as far as I'm concerned and looks like it could end up being totally controlled by Facebook

Might give Napster a go?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

synsei Guest

My entry on the community pages:

Hi all from a long term and previously satisfied Spotify user, but not anymore.

Can I revert to the previous release at all, I really hate the new version? The new look is way too garish (I liked the understated dark grey presentation, it looked sophisticated and gave Spotify its own identity), now Spotify looks like a plastic fantastic Apple clone

More seriously though are some glaring faults: Why can I not 'Star' a complete album now? I have to 'Star' each individual track on the new version which is a royal PITA. When I select an album to play, instead of stopping after the last track, Spotify now goes off all by itself and plays whatever other foo it can find, WHY??? Why can I no longer 'Star' an album in the Related Artists list? C'mon guys, pull yourselves together and revert back to the previous, professional looking interface, the new one appears to have been designed by an idiot...

p.s. Thank the Lord the idiot responsible for the above didn't insist on mandatory Faecesbook membership for seasoned veterans like myself, otherwise my account with Spotify would be history (HINT: Not all your customers are teenage Apple geeks, many are mature sorts who consider Faecesbook and its ultra-intrusive nature to be the spawn of the devil).

Kind regards

Mr Angry....

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Default New look Spotify (0.0)

They'll never change it now! Just like the fact that you can now only sign up with facetwat account details. It's been that way for a while. I only ever use it on my touch and phone. Is there no way to revert to a previous version?
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

synsei Guest

Revert to old Spotify by downloading it from here: http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/12683/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast