+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 540 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Try Tesco Roy, we have been dealing with them for two years now and on the whole it has been a positive experience
    +1

They are invariably superb - polite, helpful and sympathetic.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Cheers Dave. I've got no excuse for not doing my grocery shopping daily as I work in the centre of Romford but if I leave the office I'm always drawn to the local hostelries...

One of my favourites (& 100 yards from the office) -

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...n_Lion/Romford

I'm Nobody.

We do all our shopping online and it is delivered to our door. We have a really excellent relationship with the delivery drivers and we are on first name terms with them all. Even though they are not supposed to and because they are aware that Jo and I both have mobility issues they bring our shopping into the house and help us unpack. It has taken the stress and genuine pain out of the shopping experience.
    Hi Dave
    I'm one of those that does not have an online High Standards of living to uphold

We do all our shopping online which is generally Tesco, we don't have a small Fish monger or Bakery to buy food from, if we did i would not use them as they are generally more expensive. We do manage to get out to the market at weekend but again too expensive. We don't owe anyone a living we buy to a buget simple as that, same goes for online music. Same with wine, if i can get three bottles for a tenner from the supermarket i will, i have my fav type of wine (if it's cheap) tbh any dry red around 12% suits me. I have absolutly no hairs & graces.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Hi Dave
    I'm one of those that does not have an online High Standards of living to uphold

We do all our shopping online which is generally Tesco, we don't have a small Fish monger or Bakery to buy food from, if we did i would not use them as they are generally more expensive. We do manage to get out to the market at weekend but again too expensive. We don't owe anyone a living we buy to a buget simple as that, same goes for online music. Same with wine, if i can get three bottles for a tenner from the supermarket i will, i have my fav type of wine (if it's cheap) tbh any dry red around 12% suits me. I have absolutly no hairs & graces.
    Sounds like we have much in common André. It's not that I don't appreciate the finer things in life because I do, but when one has finite resources to draw on then one has to budget. I am proud that Jo and I are into our second month without having had a ciggie and we are better off financially and feel so much healthier for it

I'm ChrisB.

I am proud that Jo and I are into our second month without having had a ciggie and we are better off and feel so much better for it
    Good for you Dave - I'm sure you'll both keep it up.

synsei Guest

Thanks Chris, we are both finding it surprisingly easy...

I'm Nobody.

Well done Dave & Jo, The wife has been stopped smoking a couple year now, i was amazed how easy it was for her, yeh she's had her moments but i'm proud of her in the fact she never lapsed into having a crafty un..The amazing thing is how much money she saved.

synsei Guest

You are not kidding about the money thing, scarily we were spending close to 50 quid a week on fags I am very ashamed to say...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yep, keep up the good work on the fag front, Dave!

Regarding on-line supermarket shopping, I fully understand why some people choose (or even need) to shop that way. However, it's defo not for me, as the major thing that puts me off is not being able to pick up fresh produce, such as fruit and veg, and examine it first, before buying it.

It strikes me that it'd be the perfect opportunity for the supermarket concerned to unload all their scabby, bruised and battered produce onto you, as you're not there to control the selection process. Do none of you who use on-line services experience this problem sometimes?

Certainly, whoever is selecting the stuff won't go to the same bother I would in ensuring that I have no bruised apples or under-ripe bananas, or hand-picking the best of what's there. For me, that process is essential. Also, what about sell-by dates? I always select goods from right at the back of shelves (never the stuff at the front) to ensure that what I've got is as fresh as possible and will also last the longest.

I can't see the supermarket doing that for you... As for wine, I'm an impulsive buyer, so generally have no idea what I want before I get there. I like to browse the shelves and read labels and see what takes my fancy, which pretty much applies to everything else I'm shopping for.

Furthermore, how do you order produce from the fishmonger, butchery or deli section on-line? If, say, I'm at the butchery section and I fancy a freshly cut piece of rib-eye steak, to the size I want, or some Parma ham, from the deli, cut to the thickness I want, how would I order that on-line?

Also, being semi-retired, I've got plenty of time to get out into the real world and do some proper 'hands on' shopping, so I think that the only time I'll ever do it on-line is when I'm too old and frail to shop for groceries any other way!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

The real world is going to work & earning a crust, you see people like yours truly don't have time to pish about with snotty grub & guzzler

For your concern, apart from knowing exactly what we need, have had no issues with in Date or freshness of our snap.. However why on earth should i make time or over spend on an excersize i have no intrest in, let along time for!

Eating, Buying & most of all spending on food is something that i really could do without.

+ Reply to Thread