+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Thread: Which Tannoys, folks?

I'm Paul.

Just because Andy asked so nicely:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Top job Paul, top job - awesome.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Just because Andy asked so nicely:

Top work there mate- can l have your Turnberry's asked nicely

Review required.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post

Top work there mate- can l have your Turnberry's asked nicely

Review required.
    I had to sell those to help pay for these!

Talking of "these" sensible suggestions for a name so I don't have to keep calling them "these"?

If I decide to offer them commercially (a little work to do on the design, including crossovers, before that happens as they need to be as good as I can get them) I'd probably like to pre-fix them with the "Reference" tag. Burying my nose in a music dictionary, we have a few that might or might not fit the bill!:

Cadenza (already taken by KEF?), Coda (ditto!), Concerto (twee), Choral, Prelude, Harmony, Adagio, Symphony, Cantabile, Cantata, Etude, Oratorio, Rubato, Serenade, Sonata, Unison, and Vivace.

They will probably end up with little plaques proudly proclaiming them as one of the above if they were to make it onto the product list.

I'm gone.

KEF did the Concerto. Quite a nice speaker, too! And the Cadenza. ------------------ And the Cantata. They had a C-series, way back when.

I'm gone.

Cadenza (already taken by KEF?), Coda (ditto!), Concerto (twee), Choral, Prelude, Harmony, Adagio, Symphony, Cantabile, Cantata, Etude, Oratorio, Rubato, Serenade, Sonata, Unison, and Vivace.
    How about the Climax?
    Accelerando. Presto. Pianissimo --- err, no. Forte. Triple Forte! Fortissimo. Agitato. Lento. Expressivo.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    How about the Climax?
    Accelerando. Presto. Pianissimo --- err, no. Forte. Triple Forte! Fortissimo. Agitato. Lento. Expressivo.
    Sounds like the latest line-up from Starbucks or Costa-Coffee Jerry

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Fcuk me those speakers look good, even if they don't colour-match the cabinet they're next to Actually, a collection of proper wood finishes of different colours together isn't bad at all, since they're real organic materials.

I really hope these speakers sound great too and in a way wish this style could be put into production. I think the price would be horrendous though and although Tannoy would have difficulty matching the finish as seen in the photos, I bet a completed pair of Tannoy made production models would cost £10K or more - I mean, the Glenairs look so boring and bland in comparison to me...

Well done!!!!!!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm andy.

Talking of "these" sensible suggestions for a name so I don't have to keep calling them "these"?
    Paul, stellar effort and way better than your last pair which i was not a fan of, almost makes me want to keep mine and commission a set of cabs from you.

As for names, personally i'm tired kit with poncey Italian names so i'd stay clear of those, sorry Marco !!!, nothing personal.

Winston or Churchill ~ on it's own, something proud and decidely British, especially Tannoy's heritage as a British brand.

Beauchamp or Beaulieu ~ like that because your cabs and Tannoy's sound ''beautiful'', hence the 'beau' part of the name, nice French pronounciation and beautiful language, much preferable to Italian (sorry again Marco).

Velvellatio ~ Yes, i can hear you say ''WTF !!!'', say it quick you'll get a Vetvet Suck, the risque name really suits the sum of it's whole, just close your eyes when you listen and use the power of your imagination, when you open your eyes, the 'horns' don't die, just don't let the wife see it.

....and all the above rings well with Reference which you would to put on after it.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by wiicrackpot View Post
    Paul, stellar effort and way better than your last pair which i was not a fan of, almost makes me want to keep mine and commission a set of cabs from you.

As for names, personally i'm tired kit with poncey Italian names so i'd stay clear of those, sorry Marco !!!, nothing personal.

Winston or Churchill ~ on it's own, something proud and decidely British, especially Tannoy's heritage as a British brand.

Beauchamp or Beaulieu ~ like that because your cabs and Tannoy's sound ''beautiful'', hence the 'beau' part of the name, nice French pronounciation and beautiful language, much preferable to Italian (sorry again Marco).

Velvellatio ~ Yes, i can hear you say ''WTF !!!'', say it quick you'll get a Vetvet Suck, the risque name really suits the sum of it's whole, just close your eyes when you listen and use the power of your imagination, when you open your eyes, the 'horns' don't die, just don't let the wife see it.

....and all the above rings well with Reference which you would to put on after it.
    I'm liking "Reference Beaulieu".

It follows Tannoy's British place name theme too...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast