View Poll Results: Please give your marks out of 10

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - Zilch, Nada, Nil Points - our survey said uhh uhhh

0 0%
  • 1 - I'd giver her one - her music sucks though...

0 0%
  • 2 - 2nd is the first loser...

0 0%
  • 3 - barely worth elevator exposure

1 7.14%
  • 4 - I didn't slit my wrists, so onwards and upwards...

1 7.14%
  • 5 - half way - is the glass half full or half empty?

0 0%
  • 6 - not bad, I'd listen again

1 7.14%
  • 7 - I actually quite like this - I might shell out for a copy

3 21.43%
  • 8 - Wonderful stuff - I'm off to Amazon

1 7.14%
  • 9 - Super stuff - Brings home the bacon!

7 50.00%
  • 10 - A practically perfect pastry!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Album Club: 03.04.2012: Tina Dico - In The Red (2005)

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Sorry - I meant Euphoria - Precious Time isn't on Spotify.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Hhmmmmm this gets a 7/10 from me , a very sombre album, and by the end of it you kinda need to take a happy pill, however musically it's very good and she has a good voice, i just wish there was a bit more variety a few up beat songs. I'll listen to her other work and see if there's any difference there, I hope there is cos i do like her voice

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Barry.

Oh bloody'ell another girl, thought you might have gave us some Death Prog this time Alex

I'm Nick.

That gives me an idea!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Paul.

This artist is new to me. Generaly impressed by the arrangements and singing. Does lack a little variety and originality for me. Still worth 7/10 but not sure I would buy it.

I'm ILOB.

I give this a proper listen at the weekend so far not bad but a bit sparse. Reminds me a bit of Tori (not a bad thing imo) I have no idea where I am going to score this
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Barry.

Can't remember how many I gave the Britany album but although I've only given In The Red
    6/10 its miles better. Female singers just don't hold my attention but as they go I like Tina Dico and would recommend her.

I'm Steve.

So I have had a listen now, and I have to say I really like it, so I have given it an 8 and I will have to check out some of her other stuff. cheers!
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    So I have had a listen now, and I have to say I really like it, so I have given it an 8 and I will have to check out some of her other stuff. cheers!
    Excellent - that's great Steve - really, everything she has done is fab if you enjoyed this you won't go wrong with any of her albums.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Simon.

Settled down with this over the weekend and have to say I found it quite exceptional. Amongst all the usual noisey stuff I enjoy I do have a weak spot for the girls and this album ticks a lot of boxes.

Musically I found it tight and enjoyable and I enjoyed her vocals, each song kept my attention and I ended up adding it to my playlist, so something must have been right about it.

Any Criticism ? Well, as mentioned above by someone else, the pace is a little similar and it could do with changing the beat a little bit but this was a minor quibble with what I found to be a most enjoyable album.

the first out and out find on the album club and my first essential purchase. Gets a big curly one off me (9 that is). Good choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast