+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anticipated Albums...

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Anticipated Albums...

I thought we had a thread for this, but maybe not...

Any upcoming album releases that you think others should know about? Post them here!

Here's the new album from French electronic band Air - I can't wait!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voyage-Dans-...4513027&sr=8-3

AIR - ‘Le Voyage Dans La Lune’ (A Trip To The Moon) by Georges Méliès

‘Le Voyage Dans La Lune’ (A Trip To The Moon) is a classic black & white silent film by revered French director Georges Méliès. Released in 1902, this legendary 14-minute film is widely considered one of the most important works in film history, and the very first to use science fiction as its theme, incorporating special effects that were very state-of-the-art at the turn of the 19th century. It was loosely based on two popular novels of the time: Jules Verne's ‘From the Earth to the Moon’ and H. G. Wells ‘The First Men In The Moon’.

A hand-coloured print, the only one known to survive, was rediscovered in 1993 by the Filmoteca de Catalunya. It was in a state of almost total decomposition, and many years of painstaking, manual restoration took place until 2010, when digital technology finally came to the rescue. Following another year at the Technicolor Lab of Los Angeles, it was finally ready to share with the world. Eager to put a contemporary spin on this classic silent film, the producers decided to approach AIR’s Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoit Dunckel, to compose an original modern soundtrack, an enormous honour for French musicians, considering the film’s place in the canon of French cinema. With the aim of premiering at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, AIR set themselves a tight deadline, locking their studio doors and working around the clock to serve these classic images with brave new sounds. Complete with a new soundtrack by AIR, the film debuted at Cannes on May 11, 2011, to immediate and unanimous acclaim.

Spurred on by their work on this short movie, AIR decided to develop the project into a full album inspired by the film. Expanding the original musical themes beyond cinematic instrumentals, the album also features the vocal talents of Au Revoir Simone and Victoria Legrand (Beach House). The band’s lunar fascinations have been evident since the beginning of their career with the release of the seminal 1998 classic “Moon Safari”. Now in 2012 Nicolas and JB have returned to explore the further regions of their very unique musical ‘space’. Nicolas explains: "'A Trip to the Moon' is undoubtedly more organic than most of our past projects. We wanted it to sound 'handmade,' knocked together’, a bit like Méliès' special effects. Everything is played live … like Méliès' film, our soundtrack is nourished by living art."
    The 3 producers of the restaured version have agreed to let Virgin release a special Limited Edition version of AIR album ‘Le voyage dans la lune’. This will consist of the album + a bonus DVD or Digital Download of the restored colorized film with AIR’s original film score, strictly limited to 70,000 global copies./

ALBUM TRACKLISTING

1 Astronomic Club
    2 Seven Stars
    3 Retour sur terre
    4 Parade
    5 Moon Fever
    6 Sonic Armada
    7 Who Am I Know?
    8 Décollage
    9 Cosmic Trip
    10 Homme lune
    11 Lava
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm john.

Looking forward to the new Rush album.
    John.

I'm Dan.

New Prong and Tool albums coming in the new year, can't wait!

I'm john.

Pet Shop Boys have a double CD of B sides out early Feb...their a guilty pleasure of mine and are known for cracking b sides.
    John.

I'm Paul.

the new Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band cd

should be coming very soon as the tour starts late Feb/early March

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I know we have a few Katie Melua fans on here - she has a new album coming out on the 5th March - Secret Symphony.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005M61PG...601_pe_epc_dt1
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jostein.

There are some great albums coming up early this year:

Damien Jurado - Maraqopa
    Dion - Tank Full Of Blues
    Otis Taylor - Otis Taylor's Contraband
    Monolake - Ghosts
    Mstislav Rostropovich - The Complete Decca Recordings
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post
    New Prong and Tool albums coming in the new year, can't wait!
    Great stuff, have a load of old prong stuff on vinyl. Was lucky enough to have seen them 3 times with various line ups. Once as support for faith no more as the classic trio and twice at Newcastle's Riverside club doing the Prove You Wrong Stuff... Tommy Victor and the guys had spent the afternoon indulging in the local brown ale and he came onstage in Newcastle United shirt, suffice to say they got much love at this gig! Ted Parsons still one of the finest drummers around imho, i even liked his stuff with Godflesh and Jesu.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Great stuff, have a load of old prong stuff on vinyl. Was lucky enough to have seen them 3 times with various line ups. Once as support for faith no more as the classic trio and twice at Newcastle's Riverside club doing the Prove You Wrong Stuff... Tommy Victor and the guys had spent the afternoon indulging in the local brown ale and he came onstage in Newcastle United shirt, suffice to say they got much love at this gig! Ted Parsons still one of the finest drummers around imho, i even liked his stuff with Godflesh and Jesu.
    Tommy is such a nice bloke, we met him after an excellent gig in Bilston, and he came out to where we were sat at the bar and stayed drinking and chatting with us until the bar forced us out 2 and a half hours later. Their last album that they were touring, 'Power Of The Damager' is brilliant too, but I love all the old stuff too...

I'm Andrew.

Van Halen - Feb release cant wait.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast