+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rega Brio R at Radlett Audio

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Nice Alex - so now you have the amp you wanted, what's next? Does the Garrard finally get the treatment now?
    Well, to be honest, I'm not sure! Since I "serviced" it and replaced the cartridge the 401 is miles and miles better than it was, though a re-plinth is still on the cards (and I know you're not a fan of the SME 3009 - so possibly an arm) - but I think the best money I could spend on my vinyl is an RCM in all honesty... But I am certainly happy with the amp and speakers at the moment, and streaming for digital, so I guess any more investment will go into vinyl. Or wine.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

All good options - especially the vinyl & the wine!

.........and the RCM.........and the plinth...........

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

And then we'll service and properly site Alex's techie and it'll blow the Garrard away

Only kidding, but I couldn't help it

That SME is PERFECT for the cartridge it's carrying and the Sumiko headshell answers most of the other concerns
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Nice one Alex, I have still to hear the Brio R, never seem to get round to it I think it would be my 1st choice if anything went wrong with my Albarry, but it's still going great guns at the mo - a remote would be handy, but to be honest it's does me good to get up off my butt every now an then

Let us know how you progress - my Rega DAC needed well over 100 hours to settle in as you know and it will be interesting to see if the amp fairs the same?

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Would be interesting to compare the Rega and the Albarry, I think Tim. I only really need the remote to be able to instantly mute the sound - if the phone rings when I'm working or Avatar stirs or something, but handy to be able to fine tune the volume too.

I've only put about 4 hours on it - will do a couple more tonight but at this rate it will take me about a month to do 100! I'm never sure if it is the kit settling in, or my ears/brain getting used to it - but that is of course a whole different discussion!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

By the way hifi_dave - as I mentioned before, if you'd prefer me to move the stuff that has developed since your initial post to a new thread then please let me know and I'll happily sort.
    Alex

I'm Dave.

No, thank you, keep it as it is. I'm enjoying the 'shilling'..

How about a pic or two alongside your 401 ?

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    No, thank you, keep it as it is. I'm enjoying the 'shilling'..

Better not mention that you paid me to take it off your hands, then?

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    How about a pic or two alongside your 401 ?
    Okey, dokey - will have to wait until I can do it in the daylight though as I suspect the flash will bounce right back off the gorgeous, sumptuous piano black finish of the classically designed ergonomic beauty that is the front panel of the Brio R. (You don't think I'm overdoing it, do you? )
    Alex

I'm Dave.

You're doing a great job.

Cheque's in the post..

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

If your handing them out free David, I wouldn't mind one

(well it's worth a try......)
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast