+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How does your room effect your sound through your mood?

I'm David.

Default How does your room effect your sound through your mood?

My living room system ...
    All messy gubbins taken away, just tidy room with all the essentials either hidden away or on a tidy rack that hides the cables...
    Ive said this elsewhere ... But half the pleasure of this system is in the neatness of the room ... There is somthing very relaxing about neat and tidiness that improves my listening pleasure just through being more relaxed!
    People often refer to the room being a massive component in sound ... I def agree, but for more than just the usual reason!

Anyone else care about this sort of thing? Or is it just me ...
    I think I might have cought the pregnancy-nesting bug from Hannah maybe

Anyway ... This is what I'm taking about ... Tidy!

CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Dave.

I too demand a tidy room and indeed will tidy whilst spinning wax thus enabling me to satisfy two great passions at the same time. Cleaning and listening.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Having seen some of your previous living room pictures Hamish - that IS tidy! Looks very cosy and "nest like" - how long before the due date now?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

7 weeks alex ... All being well, 31st July is the due date
    The whole house is really tidy (apart from the loft) ... Hannah is quite tenacious when she wants to and hasn't let pregnancy stop her from going about her normal day (despite my insistence she rests) so whilst im at work she has been cleaning mad ... I think she's nuts and should just put her feet up, but she won't have it!

Anyway, the result of this is me realising what I was saying ... This tidyiness is good for my brain! I guess I should enjoy it whilst it lasts!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    7 weeks alex ... All being well, 31st July is the due date
    The whole house is really tidy (apart from the loft) ... Hannah is quite tenacious when she wants to and hasn't let pregnancy stop her from going about her normal day (despite my insistence she rests) so whilst im at work she has been cleaning mad ... I think she's nuts and should just put her feet up, but she won't have it!

Anyway, the result of this is me realising what I was saying ... This tidyiness is good for my brain! I guess I should enjoy it whilst it lasts!
    My wife was like that too, we even went out in the country walking 5+ miles when she was overdue!

I prefer the house being tidy, but as you'll soon find out, kids and their paraphernalia are not conducive to a tidy house - we do however try to tidy up the living room every night after Avatar goes to bed to get back to some sort of adult normality! A tidy room, subdued lighting and a nice glass of red is definitely a help in kicking back and enjoying some chilled tunes.

Good luck with the impending mayhem! (You'll love it!)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

I get physically ill (headaches) amongst too much clutter. My old listening room was so cluttered, I often either had to close my eyes or stop listening all together and leave the room. Not good. I still don't have enough shelving for all the vinyl; but, at least what doesn't fit on shelving is leaned up against the walls behind the listening position... ...out of plain view!
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Mark.

Looks great Hamish, no beer cans.

I guess thats taken with your new Nikon lens

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Looks ace, Hamish. You've got the lighting spot on, which is so important in a room to make it feel cosy. Was that taken with a digital camera?

I know exactly what you mean, btw, regarding there's something relaxing about neat and tidiness. The most important thing, above all else, is that a room is warm and inviting to be in, which partly stems from neatness and tidiness. If not, no matter how good your system sounds, you'll rarely use it.

Enjoy, and good luck with the forthcoming sprog invasion... I hear it will be triplets!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nick.

I can't relax if there's stuff to do in my room... and it's not so hard to keep the place tidy if you keep at it as you go... I learnt from hard experience. I'm naturally right grubby, and Mrs B is 'quite the opposite' to say the least
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Mike.

So we're all in agreement then a nice clean and tidy room enhances our listening pleasure Nice lookin room by the way Hamish

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast