+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello!

I'm Craig.

Default Hello!

I've frequented hifi fora for a number of years, starting with Hifi Choice when it was a thriving lively forum!

I came across this place when someone referred to it at a different forum, and although it is really only my first day here, from what I've seen so far it looks good!

I've been "into" hifi for more years than I can remember, or more accurately won't admit to, and my first ever set up was a Thorens TD 150, Goldring G800 cart, Leak Stereo 30 Plus, and Wharfedale Super Linton's, that should give you some idea how long it's been!

Edit to add: Just noticed folk mention their kit here, so my current set up is: Squeezebox Touch, (replaced a £1500 cd player!) Theta Pro ProGeny dac with it's fancy anti jitter box and upgraded psu, Lyngdorf SDAi 2175, into Quad 22 L2's, which came into play when the wife decided my then PMC FB1+'s were too big and the wrong colour!
    I was almost in tears when the Quads arrived, as I had owned 22L's which went went in favour of the PMC's, and I looked on it as going backwards, but I have to say how wrong I was, I am very pleased with them, despite certain folk on another forum slagging them off!

My musical tastes vary from day to day, One day it's The Doors, Velvet Underground etc, the next Classical, the next The Beach Boys or Al Stewart, let's just say I have "Catholic" tastes!
    Last edited by icehockeyboy; 26-05-2011 at 09:12.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    I've frequented hifi fora for a number of years, starting with Hifi Choice when it was a thriving lively forum!

I came across this place when someone referred to it at a different forum, and although it is really only my first day here, from what I've seen so far it looks good!

I've been "into" hifi for more years than I can remember, or more accurately won't admit to, and my first ever set up was a Thorens TD 150, Goldring G800 cart, Leak Stereo 30 Plus, and Wharfedale Super Linton's, that should give you some idea how long it's been!

Edit to add: Just noticed folk mention their kit here, so my current set up is: Squeezebox Touch, (replaced a £1500 cd player!) Theta Pro ProGeny dac with it's fancy anti jitter box and upgraded psu, Lyngdorf SDAi 2175, into Quad 22 L2's, which came into play when the wife decided my then PMC FB1+'s were too big and the wrong colour!
    I was almost in tears when the Quads arrived, as I had owned 22L's which went went in favour of the PMC's, and I looked on it as going backwards, but I have to say how wrong I was, I am very pleased with them, despite certain folk on another forum slagging them off!

My musical tastes vary from day to day, One day it's The Doors, Velvet Underground etc, the next Classical, the next The Beach Boys or Al Stewart, let's just say I have "Catholic" tastes!
    Yes this is a very different forum Craig, where you can talk about your preferences and opinions without being humiliated. Debate (sometimes lively), fine no problem, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's here and your personal choices will not be held up for ridicule either.

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Craig, and welcome to AoS. I know bugger all about ice hockey - so slightly less than I know about hifi - but I do know you're right about this being a great forum. Sure, not everyone will agree on everything, but even when we have the odd spat, I'd like to think it is civilised - pistols at dawn, rather than knuckle-dusters in a dark and dingy car park!

Have fun!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AOS Craig

Enjoy yourself and have fun.

Regards D S D L

I'm Gary.

Hey Craig

Good to see ya round these parts.
    quite different from other forums here.
    (best of all no resident smartarses..)

Have fun mate, look forward to the banter!

Gaz.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Craig.

Hey Gaz!

You shudda told me about this place, I'd have made the move ages back, and promised to keep my mouth shut about it too, to stop the not welcomes from coming in!

I'm ILOB.

Hope you enjoy you stay here
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Craig,

A very warm welcome to AoS

I recognise your name from the old HFC forum days, where you were a prolific (and knowledgeable) contributor.

I hope you become the same here. I think you'll fit into our community of friendly nutters, no problem

Enjoy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Craig.

Thanks for the really nice welcome messages, most welcome, not to mention a welcome change! (How many times can a person use the welcome word in one sentence???)

Marco...me knowledgeable? Been a while since anyone has said anything like that!

I'm Martin.

Hiya Craig,

Take your shoes off, put your feet up and make yourself comfortable.
    Analogue: Technics SL1210 M5G, AN Arm One/II, Blue Angel Mantis MC
    Amps: Devialet 200
    Speakers: Usher Mini 2 Dancer DMD
    Cables: Supra, Mark Grant, Reference Fidelity
    DIY System Audiosector Gainclone, Salas DCB1, AudioSector MC Phono stage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast