+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual handshake

I'm DAVID.

Cool Virtual handshake

Hello all music lovers
    What an interesting forum you run!!
    AS I type enjoying hearing Elton Johns 'Blue Moves 'early LP with newly aligned Eroica cart on rb301/technics 1210.via CA640p/nad326bee[widely underrated imo]/b and w 705/matching stands/ or epos12i and wondering if I'm supposed to list gear somewhere on this site? I'll look about later to find out.
    A Sticky asks re NAME [not naim] -'radical'. Bit of a scientist u see and its a word given to a reactive particle that causes change or [as I like to see it] looks at things a different way and asks awkward non pc questions.
    MUSIC --eclectic very various from old folk/bluegrass/R and R/accordion/jazz all types/some brass/C and W is a challenge for me/classical in particular modern classical [stravinsky-shostakovitch-etc.] Actually the main feature I want from any style is to sense feeling and meaning in the performance .That mostly comes with frank live recorded where the 'fi' is on the low side of studio levels.
    Location-England between Sheffield and Derby near the beautiful Peak District

I'm Keith.

Welcome to AoS from another Peak Districter.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm ChrisB.

Hi David,
    A warm welcome to The Art of Sound from me too.
    Your introduction covers everything, thank you. We don't have a specific place where gear is listed, but folks tend to start a thread in The Gallery to show what gear they own. We all like photos here &, lets face it, it's the hi-fi folks equivalent of a pair of dog's sniffing each others arses when they meet!
    Those gallery threads tend to kind of become mini-blogs or journals where folks post updates on the development or evolution of their systems and fellow members look on and go 'Ooh' & 'Aah'.

Welcome once again from me.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AOS David

Regards D S D L

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi David - I don't think it could have been put any better than Chris has stated - we love to see photos (I've got a curtain fetish, so hopefully your system is near your "drapes"!) I'll pass on any ass sniffing though, if you don't mind! :lol

Enjoy AoS!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Rob.

Thumbs up

Welcome;-)

Nice to virtually see you!

I'll try to sort out the picture thing for you in person

Rob.

MartinT Guest

Hello and welcome, David. Chris said it all

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS DAVID (any significance in the use of capitals?).

Wonderfully broad taste in music you have, and one which accord well with mine.

Don't worry about the "bottom sniffing" references. It's the sort of scatalogical 'common denominator' and humour we sometimes resort to here in AoS. We mean no harm; just regard it as a sort of 'laddish' kind of welcome.

But we would like to learn of the equipment you use to enjoy your listening.

Welcome again

Regards
    Barry

I'm DAVID.

Thanks all [ lads too]
    Some how I have to get a summary of the equipment to appear with every post so that readers get an idea of my sources and experience level.
    For now .It all sits in a heavily furnished room about 4m x4m.x2.5m high.walls are solid brick floor/ceiling has bounce.The setup as used to some praise at Scalford do is Technics sl1210 on unmodded feet on heavy 'sideboard' [once on a wall bracket] Mats are currently heavy rubber -detail is important[I realise this having seen your postings so---]THe platter is a true bell.I have reduced this by fillin g all underside cracks and around edges with superglue and running copydex rubber glue to coat thickly evenly over the whole . The first mat fits just inside the outer raised lip of platter and has a lip itself which overlaps the platters lip exactly-so damping the ring nicely. I damp the vinyl using a thin floppy felt ontop of the flat rubber.It does not skid.
    The rega 301 is standard fit[one hole fit model]not overtightened but tight to standard issue steel arm base plate which is underslung by about 1 cm using steel washers .this enables Goldring Eroica L.O. to mirror image [side and front] exactly parallel to a standard thickness of lovely darkness.It 's set to Bauwald alignment [222spindle centre to arm pivot centre/240 effective length] 1.8g down1.5g bias[hifi news test record] The platter is level.There is a mains silencer and some bits of woven mains cable[unconvinced re these]It spins at correct speed always at every tiny instance of load variation[eg bass thump] It cost little and sounds 'a good listen' at volume.
    cambridge audio 640p[no mod] has rumble filter off [but on at Scalford show]for under £70 it's like stolen quality[I have EAR also --awaiting mc upgrade] Mark Grant 1000 [vg] to NAD 326 bee [amazing value-powerful,useful facilities and clean] and keeps on kicking via 4metre supra biwires with plugs the B and W 705 on v. heavy dedicated stands.These are bass light at low volumes with most amps that I am willing to afford- [except this high current NAD] but have lucid mid and lovely top and are quick and v.low distortion even when blasting out 'wolf mother' or close mike classical acoustic guitar.it may be their timing/phaseing and that may be to do with the top mount nautilus tweeter. I have epos 12i for lower level listening[more balanced].They are set in the equal sided triangle pointing at me right now giving forth Beethoven String quartet as if it were played here.Ooops a crackle-still-- no audience coughing or eating crisps.[cleaning details later??] Plenty for u all to mull over there I reckon. All suggestions/critique welcome.
    Keep listening!!!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi David, welcome to AoS for me as well

Go to userCP (top left hand side), click on it & hit "edit signature" & you'll be able to fill in the bit that remains on every post which i believe you are interested in doing

All the best & enjoy your stay
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast