+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets

synsei Guest

The location isn't so exotic, but some of the best sunsets I have ever witnessed have been from the North Norfolk coastline.

I was sitting in my caravan one evening 3 years ago in Snettisham watching the news and happened to glance out of the window to see the sky absolutely ablaze with colour. I marched up to the beach to find at least 100 people sitting or standing, watching the spectacle. As time wore on, the sky filled with reds, oranges, yellows, greens and purples as the sun slipped through a thin veil of cirrus and on into the sea. As it finished the crowd spontaneously broke out into a round of applause. It was a very special moment to share with like minded people.

Here is a view from Wells-Next-Sea looking out over the quay towards another gorgeous sunset. I can't be certain whether this is one of mine or not, but it was in one of my albums so it probably is.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

That's a beautiful sky Dave
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

synsei Guest

It's a beautiful part of the country Tim and I have some very special memories of the area. Thank you very much for your kind comment...

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    It's a beautiful part of the country Tim and I have some very special memories of the area. Thank you very much for your kind comment...
    Blakeney is another favourite of mine. I do miss Norfolk, but lovely picture!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Imjustsurviving.

looking out of my lounge window

Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm John.

Valetta Harbour, Malta. Actually it's a sunrise. We were on our way to Sicily.

valetta.jpg
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Cheers Alex!
    to be honest, im not so worried about anything much now ... we are half way through, we have had a few worries, but everything seems to be going well! because of hannahs health we have had a consultant lead pregnancy which has meant they have been looking after us very well! 24 weeks gone we have already had 3 scans and have 2 more booked to we are getting plenty of reassurance ... that said as the date gets closer im sure i will get more nervous! its the little things, and the practical implications i cant get my head round ... and the money worries ... but im sure we will be fine! The actual living baby bit i cant wait for!
    Hamish, please be aware that you'll NEVER be "number one" again, EVER!!!!! Some fellas get on with this fine, but I didn't and it took months to get used to this pink, crapping, screaming blob taking up all my wife's attention. It was a HUGE growing experience for me but I'd be far less of a man had I personally not followed this path. My son has taught me to be a dad of sorts and this experience is helping no end at school now. I still don't know much about teenage girls though (does anyone ?)
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Paul.

This is one from Key West the other year, we were stopping at the Hyatt around the corner from Mallory Square Dock.

it was still 30c when the sun went down, we had a luvly if not to hot time down there.

I highly recommend the Hyatt, it cost me a 60hrs overtime for 3 nights !
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Hamish, please be aware that you'll NEVER be "number one" again, EVER!!!!! Some fellas get on with this fine, but I didn't and it took months to get used to this pink, crapping, screaming blob taking up all my wife's attention. It was a HUGE growing experience for me but I'd be far less of a man had I personally not followed this path. My son has taught me to be a dad of sorts and this experience is helping no end at school now. I still don't know much about teenage girls though (does anyone ?)
    When my son was born, my wife had a caesarian that went slightly wrong (nothing serious, and all OK afterwards). The result was that I was handed this very small pink thing and left to my own devices for about 20 minutes whilst Jane was sorted out.

We looked at each other. "Hello", I thought, "Who are you?". I guess he was thinking the same. 25 years later it's still the most amazing thing that ever happened to me (although I found when his sister arrived two years later that the novelty doesn't wear off!), and we're both still finding out. He's now 6' 1" and making a stab at running his own business. I'm immensely proud.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Not the best sunset last night, but this is the view I have of the sun going down behind a twisted old (oak?) tree.

Much prefer a sunset over the sea like that one at Key West, Paul - very nice.

I've still never managed to get to Café Del Mar in Ibiza - another one of my must do's before I die...

Nice to be able to watch the sun go down from the lounge, Jon!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast