+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Final Simple System

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Panther View Post
    Hi there, I have owned all sorts odd equipment, and I realized with every upgrade I wasnt really getting anywhere. infact I seemed to getting further away from the sound I like with every so called high end purchase. I think the decision to step back from it all has been a combination of what I have said above, looking at peoples attitutudes towards kit on various forums. For some people it is all about the shiny boxes and they seem blinkered from the music. I have stood in many an audition/ show demo / someone's home for instance as equipment has been demonstrated and listened to people's reaction. They are there marveling , raving about how incredible it sounds, and I have been stood their thinking you are talking absolute cod Sh1t. This sounds crap.
    You'll do for me matt

I'm Chris.

Welcome Matt! Er... no, let me rephrase that... welcome to the forum Matt!

Nice to see another member in Somerset

That's a very neat little system you've put together there. I bet it sounds great. I'm a longstanding fan of Mission speakers (although I don't recognise that one).

I'm also a big fan of getting more from less. I sold 4 pieces of kit to pay for the Audiolab and the new laptop and came out on top. My new Bel Canto Tripath amp cost half what I've spent on my Croft valve Hybrid but beats it handily (I'm keeping the Croft for now though as I can't bear to part with it even if I'm not using it).

Did someone mention Orbital, Vangelis, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield and Nine Inch Nails in the same sentence. I think we need a Somerset bake-off. You might have other things I would like to hear (and vice versa).
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi "Pink",

Welcome to AoS. Glad you seem to be settling in ok - nice one

So what's your proper first name, mate? We like to know each other here on first name terms. It engenders a friendly atmosphere and creates a community spirit

Marco.
    That's cool it's Matt
    Bowers and Wilkins CM1
    Philips Cd 618
    Marantz amp

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergoline View Post
    Righteous minimalism bro!

I also have a cheap tube driven system (I have more amps than I need, but I digress). I have the first generation HRT streamer, and while it didn't have synergy with my gear, it's definitely a well-made unit, and hyper-detailed to boot. It's always cool to see a like-minded individual who knows you don't need to have a gratuitously expensive system to have good sound (even though it does help).

Great movies by the way.
    Hey thanks for the reply.

Just having a morning Spongle, nice analogue sounds ...... squidgy.
    Bowers and Wilkins CM1
    Philips Cd 618
    Marantz amp

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by technobear View Post
    Welcome Matt! Er... no, let me rephrase that... welcome to the forum Matt!

Nice to see another member in Somerset

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to reply , I have noticed that there are many music fans from Hampshire through to Cornwall with a very eclectic taste in music. Long may it last,.

I am lucky enough to have some birthday money which I have been meaning to spend for ages. So I am off to get some CDs today( like to have a hard copy). Add to my collection. William Orbits latest album is on the list.
    Bowers and Wilkins CM1
    Philips Cd 618
    Marantz amp

I'm Dan.

Just Bought a Fatman Itube for £40 for the money its great a cracking little machine sound great with the Tannoy 15'S

Dan
    Last edited by dantheman91; 05-07-2011 at 05:54.
    [B]Class A , A,B Amplification[/B\]
    Marantz PM4
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Speaker Cable , Digital Coax , Interconnects
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Nakamichi Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    a cacking little machine
    Not the best endorsement I've ever read Dan, but get your point really! £40! A bargain! Well done.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Dan.

edited

Dan
    [B]Class A , A,B Amplification[/B\]
    Marantz PM4
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Speaker Cable , Digital Coax , Interconnects
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Nakamichi Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123