+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Final Simple System

I'm Matt.

Default My Final Simple System

I have been round the block as far as Hi Fi goes. I have owned all sorts of kit including various DACs, expensive amplifiers and Speakers. But I have ended up with something that I just love the sound of regardless of price or other people's opinions.

Firstly the source . A Samsung NC10 Netbook running iTunes lossless files off a 2TB Western Digital hard drive & Spotify Premium.

Next the DAC it's an HRT Music Streemer II...... which is superb!

Up next the amplifier. It's inexpensive but I just love the sound and genuinely I think it's a great bit of kit.

Lastly the speakers which are Mission MX3's. Which are an quality inexpensive floorstanding speaker.

This is as it looks on the shelf.

I love the sound of this system, it brings a cheesy smile to my face. I have not spent thousands on this system because I have realized after all the kit that I've owned that it isn't necessary to achieve quality.

Notice all interconnects are standard red and black and all speaker cable is 322 OFC speaker cable.

Anyway hope you enjoy the pics, any questions welcome
    Last edited by The Pink Panther; 30-03-2011 at 20:55.
    Bowers and Wilkins CM1
    Philips Cd 618
    Marantz amp

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

But I have ended up with something that I just love the sound of regardless of price or other people's opinions.
    Hey, if it works and pleases you, who gives a flying *&^% what other people think - it's all about the music fella

EDIT: Nice pics by the way and I'm sure the mods will be here soon to comment/welcome you etc. I'm still a newbie
    Last edited by Tim; 30-03-2011 at 20:03.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Andy.

Thats a lovely little system there you should be proud!! I love the fatman amp I wouldn't exactly call them cheap! Look fantastic. Enjoy!!

Butuz
    Quad 99 CDP-2 >> Eastern Electric Minimax Pre>> XTZ Desire AP-100 >> PMC GB1i

I'm Matt.

Thanks very much for the comments, just listening to Amused to death and it's crystal clear.

Yeah cost is relative. I meant it was cheap compared to other amps I've owned. I got mine for £ 98 new and boxed

Nice to join the forum.

Furthermore I think the reason the Fatman works well is the Hybrid design, it's has the attributes of drive rhythm attribute to solid-state with the sonic qualities of valve in the preamp stage.
    Bowers and Wilkins CM1
    Philips Cd 618
    Marantz amp

I'm Nobody.

Brilliant someone down to earth..I know both the HRT & the Fatman..

I'm Matt.

where have the first few photos disappeared too? scratches his head
    Bowers and Wilkins CM1
    Philips Cd 618
    Marantz amp

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Panther View Post
    where have the first few photos disappeared too? scratches his head
    All looks fine to me, "Pink" (could you at least add your real first name to your signature, assuming it isn't actually Pink - or are you THAT Pink?! I didn't know she was into hi-fi! )

And another Spotify user - check out the AoS page, link in my signature below - might be some stuff to listen to in there - what sort of music are you into?

Anyway, welcome to AoS, and have fun.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Nice system, but more importantly, you enjoy it and are immune to peer pressure - way to be!
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Garry.

If it is good for you, who gives a tinkers %$%£ what others think. It gives you pleasure, end of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'm of an age where my back goes out more than I do" - Phyllis Diller

Garry.

I'm John.

Cor! Your nurse has got your medication sorted then
    Seem to have a couple of recent members who don’t go Hi Fi shopping pissed with their wives credit card and an ear infection
    I have to ask given you say you’ve “been around the block”, at what point did you step back from it all and say this is bollocks really, I want to listen to music, not collect kit?
    Cracking Dac that HRT 11. I’ve done all three HRT models now and the HRT 11 has got to be the best value for money in the range.
    Not too sure about itunes but hey………..
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast