+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted - PSU for MF X-Can V2

I'm hugh.

Default Wanted - PSU for MF X-Can V2

Can anybody help. I need a reliable power supply for my X-Can V2

Since my wallwart dried up & fell to bits I've struggled to get something that works. ( partly through being a knob and ordering the wrong thing ). The last one i bought works for a while then gets too hot and I lose the right channel. It is supposed to be the right one. 12v AC/AC 500mA 50hz

Even a wallwart from somebodys dead X-Can would do.

I only use my Grado's about once a fortnight so I don't want to spend £100 on the PSU. I would rather spend it on vinyl.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Buy this & stuff it in a case with the secondaries wired in series to give you 12V AC. Don't forget a fuse on the primary, 250mA slow blow will be fine. An ABS case will do nicely
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm David.

details on how to make one ... i want to do this ... but im scared to ...

http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/x-psu.htm
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm hugh.

Hamish,
    the one on ebay is the one I bought that only works for about 20 minutes

Mark,
    thanks for the link but I'm afraid to say I haven't even got a soldering iron let alone a "multimeter", whatever that is.

Sorry to be a let-down lads but I'm only interested in listening to the good music on a good system. I don't want to build the system. Too thick I'm afraid. ( I once took my starter-motor to a garage for a part-ex only to find out I had taken my alternator off )

Anyone else got something this muppet doesn't have to build ??

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Can't help with the PSU I'm afraid (muppet here too) - but this gave me the biggest laugh I've had all week - superb!

Quote Originally Posted by hughmc2 View Post
    (I once took my starter-motor to a garage for a part-ex only to find out I had taken my alternator off)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread