6A3 Distortion or Not -- 2A3 or 45 Toggle Position?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
ALRAINBOW
I think we need try and post results. I had a nine pcb b7 and niw a pcb they do act different to the same tubes
This is a learning curve experience. We need to just try and post. Also there is taste here as well. I do remeber some times hearing distortion at times with some tubes. But consider the NOS factor as well there not new tubes. So as individuals they may act different. Just some thoughts to consider
Al
BTW Al, I've enjoyed your posts here and elsewhere, especially your "B7" comments and tube-rolling results.
I agree, there are many variables to consider. But when User211 expressed a similar distortion experience as mine, I found it somewhat coincidental, that our NOS 6A3's themselves, could be an issue. However, stranger things have happened.
At any rate, the sharing of additional tube rolling experiences (especially with 6A3's) was my post's goal and hopefully will result in a better understanding of what's going on and what tubes everyone is finding to be their preference in their Lampi 7's.
Cheers,
-Mike