Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Fantastic write up Richard.

You are to be commended for the amount of detailed and careful measurements made. I'm especially impressed by the near perfect matching of the speakers done by ear, and confirmed by measurement. Well done!

I wouldn't worry about the type or grade of wire used in the cross-over and between the cross-over and the drive units; any good quality copper wire of 0.5 - 1.0mm diameter will IMO be quite sufficient.
Thanks Barry, I intend to use solid core copper wire to link the components in the crossover as it will be easier to wrap around the contact posts without splaying, and use stranded copper wire from the crossover to the drive units.

However I'm not sure whether to go with plain copper or tinned or silver-plated copper. Van Damme Studio Blue has been recommended to me (which is funny as this is actually what I use between my amp and speakers!), however I'm leaning towards tinned or silver plated copper because the original stock cable was plated and I'm presuming it resists oxidation more effectively? This could be important for the wire-to-wire solder connections required to join the ends of the crossover cabling to the ends of the driver cabling, given that I cannot depend upon my dad to successfully flood 100% of the exposed wire ends with solder (soldering is not his forte!).

I'd be grateful for recommendations and links to suitable wiring, as I don't know where to shop for this. Cheers!