Hi,

I remember these from the late 80s. To my ears, they were a very fine sounding combo. It had good resolution and detail. I remember being very impressed at the time.

Here is a quote from a query I have seen on Hifi Wigwam from a few years ago.

JDI amp review from Gramophone (1989)..

"The Skipton company Castle Acoustics have for some time been liaising with a new British amplifier manufacturer, JDI Amplification, also based in Yorkshire at nearby Ilkley. Castle are now handling all UK and overseas marketing for JDI and at Penta were showing for the first time a two-box preamplifier (signal circuitry in one, power supply in the other) and a monoblock power amplifier. Wide bandwidth, high speed (i.e. transient response) and low noise were the design prerequisites and to this end a novel power supply is used for the preamplifier which has a kind of balanced mode operation which apparently does away with the usual reservoir capacitors and maintains a constant source impedance throughout the audio band. A high accuracy moving-coil only phono stage is fitted which has a claimed dynamic range of 107dB. The power amplifier uses Class A circuits up to the output stage, which then reverts to high accuracy Class AB operation. I was by no means alone in admiring the extremely elegant presentation and cabinet design of these new units. The combination of preamplifier and two mono power amplifiers retails for £3,300."

Rated output power is 60w RMS into 8 ohm