+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 310 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Justin.

Arrived yesterday smokin' hot from HK. For some reason the Bluetooth streamer says "Litter Singer" on it.

I'm gone.

So ..... tried it yet? - waddya think?

I'm Brian.

What is it Justin ( for the hard of thinking , like me )
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm gone.

Argh.
    Gar.
    Buggery.

A plug was a bit loose this morning so I pushed it in - KLUNK - everything turned off, must have tripped a safety doo-hickey.
    Everything powered up OK -- but the Behringer no longer locks on to any digital input.
    I need that to downsample my 96KHz streaming to the 48KHz that the vintage Melior DAC tops out at.
    Ordered a pro re-sampler on eBay, should be here next week.

In the meantime, a revised lash-up ....

The return of the Audiolab 8200CD that pre-Melior I had been using as my main system DAC.
    Actually, it's very good. It weirdly just kind of hits the spot for me, very listenable. Vastly better imo than an MDAC, which I can't bear to listen to in my main system (strangely it's OK in my lesser 2nd system).
    Not as good as the Melior, though.
    Drat.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    So ..... tried it yet? - waddya think?
    For the money I think it is outstanding so far. I plugged it in with the stock valves in it, thinking "bound to be shit" but no, it isn't, at least not on this unit. The solid state output might be a tinsy bit cleaner, but it loses the spatiality the valve output has at very little cost, really.

To be flat out honest about it, for my preferences, it poo poos the Frenchie by a mile. The output level is also super healthy about the same as the Lampi. The battery Frenchie's output is definitely too low, I think, and that hampers it.

I think I need to get this DAC to Tom at some stage to see what he thinks. I think it poo poos the Schitt Modi, too.

Needs more playing with and I wonder what effect the Western Electric and Sylvania Gold Brand valves will have on it.

Let me figure it out more over the coming days as it is new and it is time that really sorts opinions out with these things. About a week, really, to really get a solid idea.

I'm gone.

Excellent - I'm not surprised - I kept it as my main DAC for 18 months or so and it saw off well-reviewed competition up to the £2k rrp level imho.
    I loved it.
    Last edited by jandl100; 07-03-2018 at 13:36.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    For the money I think it is outstanding so far. I plugged it in with the stock valves in it, thinking "bound to be shit" but no, it isn't, at least not on this unit. The solid state output might be a tinsy bit cleaner, but it loses the spatiality the valve output has at very little cost, really.

To be flat out honest about it, for my preferences, it poo poos the Frenchie by a mile. The output level is also super healthy about the same as the Lampi. The battery Frenchie's output is definitely too low, I think, and that hampers it.

I think I need to get this DAC to Tom at some stage to see what he thinks. I think it poo poos the Schitt Modi, too.

Needs more playing with and I wonder what effect the Western Electric and Sylvania Gold Brand valves will have on it.

Let me figure it out more over the coming days as it is new and it is time that really sorts opinions out with these things. About a week, really, to really get a solid idea.
    Is that the Chinese dac Justin
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Yes, it's a current version of the XiangSheng DAC-01A.

I'm Brian.

Which seller did you both use ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

still very happy with my one.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread