+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DIY meet 13th june

Twas nice to meet you Dave.
    I'm glad you were able to find something of interest there.
    It's always good to see and hear what others are doing, and how they do it.
    Might not always be any ground breaking experiences, but usually something to think about.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good to meet you too Dave.Glad you had a good day.It's always good to see new faces at these get togethers.There was a lot of very interesting and extemely good sounding kit this time around,and of course it's always good to meet up with the usual suspects again.Hope you can make the next one in September.

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Hope you can make the next one in September.
    I hope I can too, will that be at Owston?

Missing these things is starting to become a habit...
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yep,in September Mike.Sorry you couldn't make it.Book some time off for Owston!

Great day had by all.
    Simons Pics..http://www.atrj13.dsl.pipex.com/na-meet-EggyJune09.htm

I'm ChrisB.

Great pictures, Will.
    Some interesting stuff.
    .......is that a pair of Bent Audio step-up transformers I see nestling behind Andrew's pre-amp?

Yep and a LCR phono amp, there were 2 LCR amps.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Great pictures, Will. Thanks for sharing!

It looks like some of the guys have come quite a long way with their projects since Owston. There's a very diverse range of kit there.

Unfortunately, circumstances meant that I couldn't make it this time, but I'll be at Owston

Note to Steve (sps): how do you get your M3D to align correctly with it positioned so far forward in the LH-18 headshell?

Mine is positioned right at the back of my FR S/5. I guess that the geometry of your TD124/FR combo is very different from that of my SL-1210/Jelco...

Hope you had a good time, though, mate. It looks like it!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Note to Steve (sps): how do you get your M3D to align correctly with it positioned so far forward in the LH-18 headshell?

Mine is positioned right at the back of my FR S/5. I guess that the geometry of your TD124/FR combo is very different from that of my SL-1210/Jelco...

Marco.
    when i installed the arm i allowed for the overhang, the m3 is as far back as will go in that headshell..
    luckily the dynavector i've been using has adjustable overhang, so its not a problem to swap over..
    cheers steve
    collector and DIY user of old british triode valves

Open baffles / single ended diy px4 and px25 valve amps

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Steve,

If you allowed for the overhang when fitting the arm then I can see how it would work

I know all about limited space in headshells with the M3D because it's such a bloody big bugger!

My FR S/5 is not exactly small as headshells go, but in order to accommodate the M3D so that it was correctly aligned, I had to create more space by cutting the (chunky) cartridge wires I use to half of their original length, solder the ends directly onto the headshell pins, and SQUEEZE the cartridge towards the back of the headshell, near enough as far as it would go, to obtain correct alignment.

It's one of the reasons why when recommending the M3D to people I always state that a much bigger than average headshell is needed to accommodate it, and then only if it's of the right mass.

Out of interest, how would you compare the sound of the M3D to this vintage Dynavector of which you speak? Which model is it? If it's good, I may have to add one to my collection!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast