+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Mk. II (TC-7533)

I'm ILOB.

I think their are quite a few people reported they prefer the MK2 so should take things even further
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    I'm in particular keen on comparing various digital formats (I think I'm hearing improvements in the Beatles remasters from 16 bit to 24 bit, etc.) Would be really nice if the reportedly significantly lowered noise floor in BM MKII can further reveal those differences.
    Whilst I was developing the MKII I frequently asked on the forum in a casual way if anyone could hear or detect certain details or differences with their existing DAC irrespective of what make or model it was. I used the replies to compare the performance I was getting from the proto type of the MKII against what the conventional wisdom was. One of my question was about perceived differences between 16 and 24 bit recordings.

You would have to tear up your reference book of superlatives and come up with new ones for the BM MKII. I have current owners of the MKII emailing me on a regular basis just to tell me about their latest discovery on this or that piece of music they thought they knew so well.

If you take into account that your hearing decreases as you get older, then to hear even more detail in the same track from the same CD in your decades old collection is more than enough of a reference as to the sonic abilities of the MKII.

I'm Mark.

If you take into account that your hearing decreases as you get older, then to hear even more detail in the same track from the same CD in your decades old collection is more than enough of a reference as to the sonic abilities of the MKII.
    Never having used (or heard) an external DAC I guess there's no point in me asking if I'm going to see a huge improvement when I add a BM MKII to my Sonos connect

Stan, could you give us an update on availability?

Thanks

Mark
    Stereo
    Amp: Temple Audio Monoblocks c/w Supercharger PSU
    Source: Sonos Connect
    DAC: Bushmaster MK2
    Speakers: Elac BS263
    Speaker Cable: QED Ruby Anniversary EVO
    Turntable: AT LPW50

AV
    Amp: Yamaha RX-A1050
    Source: Panasonic UB820
    Speakers: Quad Lite 2
    Sub: BK XXLS 400

FEDEX has sent me a notice to say that I should have the goods in the UK next weekend (27th of October). Once it has cleared Customs I should be able to start sending out orders from the 29th.
    So I shall start sending out money requests next week to those on the waiting list.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Whilst I was developing the MKII I frequently asked on the forum in a casual way if anyone could hear or detect certain details or differences with their existing DAC irrespective of what make or model it was. I used the replies to compare the performance I was getting from the proto type of the MKII against what the conventional wisdom was. One of my question was about perceived differences between 16 and 24 bit recordings.

You would have to tear up your reference book of superlatives and come up with new ones for the BM MKII. I have current owners of the MKII emailing me on a regular basis just to tell me about their latest discovery on this or that piece of music they thought they knew so well.

I may be accused of advocating/practising voodoo, but I tend to prefer 24 bit format to the 16 bit. Somehow, music encoded in 24 bit seems to carry more gravitas for me. Can't wait to hear what will BM MKII reveal to me regarding the perceived (or imaginary) differences between these two formats.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Aleem.

FEDEX has sent me a notice to say that I should have the goods in the UK next weekend (27th of October). Once it has cleared Customs I should be able to start sending out orders from the 29th.
    So I shall start sending out money requests next week to those on the waiting list.
    Great stuff Stan (!). Patiently waiting for arrival of new stock.

I'm Werner.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    I tend to prefer 24 bit format to the 16 bit
    With or without the rose quartz crystals placed on top of the DAC?
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 19-10-2013 at 08:49.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Jackson.

The difference in headphone presentation was aptly described by Steven in post #86. The better signal to noise produces a greater depth, whilst the signal outputs from my previous headphone amplifier circuits was a bit thick in sound. Jackson appears to prefer the old presentation. Maybe I should add a switch so that users can select between a dynamic or compressed headphone output.
    Excuse my terminology, but are you saying that the new amp should have a deeper sound stage by having a less saturated output? That is, by having a less compressed output, you are able to get a greater dynamic range?

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    With or without the rose quartz crystals placed on top of the DAC?
    Both with and without at the same time.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm yigit.

I bought the new Bushmaster Mk.II to replace my cambridge audio dac magic. I am really happy with the results. I use BM through M2Tech Hiface 2 connected to my computer with Audioquest coaxcial cable VDM-3. I listen flac musics . I also have Akg q/k701 and Hifiman He-5 headphone with Hifiman Ef-5 headphone amplifier.

Before I listen beresford caiman gatorized. And when I saw the new model arrived I decided to try. I get more natural and detailed sound with BM. But I have some concerns about the headphone amplifier part. It is not as detailed as my hifiman EF-5 amplifier. But of course it is not a fair comparison as I am using ef-5 with a special power cable instead of stock one. I am planning to buy 12Volt battery pack for my BM, so maybe I can get better results with the headphones. Or do I need venom upgrade ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast