+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help The Arlenes produce their next album?

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Smile Help The Arlenes produce their next album?

The Arlenes
    www.thearlenes.com

I'm not sure if The Arlenes are known here at all as they have been off the circuit for awhile. They are a duo from Camden in London, who now live in Nashville. In the past as a lot of musicians do, they would borrow money to fund a recording project and go into debt, but they are asking for pledges to help fund the project up front. The good bit is you get something back from the band, depending on how much you pledge - you can even secure them for a private concert!

They have a Kickstarter project running, which is nearly halfway there toward a target of $20,000. The tricky bit is there's a time limit.

The Arlenes describe themselves as Americana / Folk / Rock, I guess many people might call them Country, but I think they are much more than that.
    They have done some music for the film 'Look Both Ways' and the BBC series Border Cafe. I think they're great and if they take your fancy, why not give them a hand?
    Unfortunately they are not on Spotify and their music is not that easy to source, but can be found via their website, Amazon Marketplace and eBay occasionally.

About the project:

"Well, it's been a while since the release of our last album, Going to California, and, after living in America for the last few years and raising a couple of rowdy kids, we are ready to get back in the studio and make some music! We've got Grammy booked in for the kids, and we are wanting to go into Buzz Cason studio with our good friend Ken Coomer, former Wilco and Uncle Tupelo drummer, as producer." The Arlenes

The Kickstarter project is here: The Arlenes

Some more videos here: YouTube - The Arlenes

Thanks

. . . and if you book them for a private gig, can I come
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I guess we don't have any Arlenes fans here then?

Oh well, worth a try..... they are not doing too badly, but it's going to be tight.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Never heard of them Tim, but an interesting concept. I'll give them a listen, and see where I go from there!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Update - 8.9.2011

The Arlenes have just posted a demo track from the new album, which is pretty good IMO. Give it a listen if you can?

Here's a note from them:

"Hi Everyone,
    Here is a demo of one of the tracks that we want to put on the new album. It seems appropriate for this stage of our KS campaign!
    This is a song that Steve wrote when the untimely death of his brother was weighing heavily on his mind.
    It was recorded with just Steve, his guitar and a mic at Marc Lacuesta's house in Nashville."

One More Hill To Climb

MartinT Guest

Thanks for this, Tim, which I have only just seen. Love the songs and have to have a soft spot for anyone who comes from the home borough of my childhood. Pledge made. Let's hope they make it.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Thanks Martin, looking like they may not make it. To be honest they have kind of gone about it arse about face. Should have got themselves on Spotify first and Bandcamp, plus a few other things. I have given them some ideas, but I fear it may be too late now. Shame really, as they have a lot of talent.

Still, they are back in the groove now, after having been away from performing and recording for sometime. Hopefully they will still get the album finished, but it will be a lot harder without funding.

+ Reply to Thread