Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye HiFi Wigwam

I'm Jerry.

Default Goodbye HiFi Wigwam

Looks like its gone for good .......
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Long Live AOS in that case
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm openingabottleofwine.

What will AoS do about Scalford now?
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Looks like its gone for good .......
    Gosh - why?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jerry.

James was very upset at exchanges between members and the constant battle to prevent the 'Wam getting sued. Evidently there was a very heated argument about swearing (I think) and James decided to pull the plug.
    Although I much prefer AOS there was lots of nice, knowlegable people on the 'Wam who, I hope, will migrate to AOS. Anything Marco and the mods can do to encourage them should be applauded.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Jerry.

Re the comment on Scalford. Its a bloody long way for me (and half the country). If AOS did a show it should be Midlands or Birmingham area.
    Jerry

I'm Dominic.

Here is a link to why hifiwigwam closed

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6330/wamclosed.jpg

Rather sad really but totally understood.

Dom

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I now realize just how good a job Marco and the other mods do here , crikey it can't be easy to run this sort of show .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Keith.

Quick. Lock the doors...
    Last edited by keiths; 03-07-2011 at 15:00.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Nick.

It's a sad day, Wigwam has been an institution and I've always had great times chatting with some of the chaps over there at Scalford the last three years. Competition is good for all of us. Any ex-Wammers with an affinity for what AOS is about will be more than welcome here of course, it would be nice if the circumstances were different though.

All the best to James, I'm sure it was a difficult decision to make, but sometimes family, home and sanity must take priority.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast